Jared Kushner is jetting between Hamas leaders and Benjamin Netanyahu this week to salvage yet another Middle East peace plan that Israel has already rejected — and ordinary Americans will be stuck with the bill and the blame whatever comes next.
The story isn't the 15-point roadmap. The story is the permanent foreign-policy class that keeps producing these plans, keeps appointing itself to oversee them, and keeps treating American credibility and treasure as an unlimited checking account for other people's wars.
Kushner held a rare two-hour meeting with Hamas political chief Khalil al-Hayya in Egypt on Sunday, confirmed by both a regional official and a Hamas official, according to The Guardian. On Monday, Kushner — along with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and Board of Peace director Nickolay Mladenov — meets with Netanyahu, who publicly rejected the plan last week in what The Guardian called "a rare public show of defiance against the Trump administration."
Israel said no. The deal is stalled. And yet the shuttle diplomacy continues, because the peace-process industry always continues.
Consider the Board of Peace itself. CNN obtained a charter draft describing it as an "international organization" promoting stability in conflict zones. Trump serves as chairman indefinitely — possibly beyond his second term as president, CNN reported. The executive board includes Kushner, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, special envoy Steve Witkoff, and Tony Blair. The broader membership rolls in Netanyahu, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Emirati President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
That's not a peace board. That's a who's-who of regional strongmen and Western insiders who've spent decades failing to resolve this conflict. Multiple Western nations — the UK, France, Norway, Ukraine — refused to join, citing concerns about Russian involvement and the board's relationship with the United Nations. Then-UK Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper told the BBC the treaty "raises much broader issues" and expressed concern about Putin participating in something "talking about peace" while showing no commitment to peace in Ukraine.
Meanwhile, the facts on the ground make the plan's premises a fiction. The so-called "yellow line" dividing Gaza "was never precisely defined," The Guardian reports. Israeli forces now control roughly 60 percent of the territory. In May, Netanyahu said the next step was moving to 70 percent control, "tightening the grip" on Hamas "from every direction." Since agreeing to the ceasefire in October 2025, Israel has killed more than 1,200 Palestinians and wounded over 4,100, according to Gaza's health ministry, as reported by The Guardian. Hamas issued a statement calling on the Board of Peace to "compel" Israel to approve the roadmap. Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, Pakistan, and Indonesia condemned Israel's rejection.
Every party has an angle. None of them is the American interest.
Kushner was Trump's son-in-law and senior advisor. Now he's the president's personal envoy brokering deals with a group the U.S. designates as a terrorist organization. Tony Blair has been monetizing Middle East "peace" since leaving Downing Street. The Board of Peace creates a permanent institutional perch for all of them — funded, inevitably, with American dollars and backed by American credibility.
What does the U.S. get? What's the exit? What's the cost? Nobody answers because nobody asks. The bipartisan foreign-policy class treats American involvement as a given — the only question is how much, not whether.
Israel rejected the plan. Hamas wants to be "compelled" into compliance. The board has no enforcement mechanism. The yellow line doesn't exist. And Kushner keeps flying.
At what point does Washington admit that some conflicts aren't ours to solve — and that every dollar spent pretending otherwise is a dollar stolen from the people who actually pay the bills?








