Uber's self-driving car that struck and killed a pedestrian in March 2018 had serious software flaws, including the inability to recognize jaywalkers, according...
51 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.engadget.com
2019/11/06/uber-self-driving-car-fatal-accident-ntsb/

I want a dozen for the next time anti American leftist scum block the roads.

Everyone is way too fucking comfortable with turning over their own agency to FUCKING ROBOTS.

People are fucking cattle.

So if you build a machine that kills somebody you are in the clear?

WTF?

"Prosecutors have already absolved Uber of criminal liability, but are still weighing criminal charges against the driver."

Jay-walking is becoming more and more of an issue around my neck of the woods. Several pedestrians have been killed crossing busy roads in areas where drivers' attention are over-whelmed. Crosswalks exist for pedestrian safety, giving them a location where drivers can expect them to cross a roadway.

As if jay-walking is not enough of a problem on its own, so many people do this during non-daylight hours wearing dark clothes. Almost like they are asking to be run over. Others will do it during the day by popping out from between cars, or trying to race traffic. They run a race they can only barely win if at all.

If you jay-walk and you get killed, that is your tough luck and completely inconsiderate of the effects on the person driving. As well, stop teaching your kids to do it.

If u walk out in front of car, get hit & killed it's darwinism in action.

It sounds like good news we all know who are the jaywalkers.

We'll get self-driving cars right after we get our jetpacks we were promised.

Stop fucking Jaywalking then, why don't cops do something when they see this shit. I see people fucking crossing the interstate at night wearing black cloths constantly. This one dude got nailed by two 18 wheelers one night trying to cross a highway.

if you cant judge a gap in traffic to begin with that cars are plowing into you. or a car cant see people crossing a street "unexpected".

i shudder to think what these things will do when a smal child chases a ball into the street something every neighborhood has happen and most time the car stops.

well if these cant even handle jaywakers how the fuck is it to handle children being children?

not the jaywalkers that are the problem if they want to play in traffic have at it. the cars need to be able to handle random or they useless.

Dissenter
connecting...