Study describes how app would alert citizens if someone they came into contact with tests positive.
17 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/technology-52095331
  1. Find a real world problem
  2. Exaggerate it
  3. Present a draconian measure as a solution.
  4. Repeat until you full control over the population.

This is going way too far for a virus that doesn't even have that bad a mortality rate (in the grand scheme of things). I do not want an app on my phone that is going to track where I have been and who I have been in contact with. You just know that when this has all blown over the data that is collected by this app will not be deleted and, given the governments track record with data security, will be a goldmine for hackers.

So the government wants to track our movements and know who we are associating with?

All very Orwellian.

Not a hope in hell will I be enrolling in such a scheme, but people I know might and therefore I could end up on the database anyway.

"But the academics say no-one should be forced to enrol - at least initially."

"...similar smartphone software has already been deployed in China. It was also voluntary there, but users were allowed to go into public spaces or on public transport only if they had installed it."

My favourite parts! ; D

It'll be completely utterly voluntary. You just won't have a life if you refuse to get it.

Edit History

2020-47-Tu 03:47:44 pm

"...similar smartphone software has already been deployed in China. It was also voluntary there, but users were allowed to go into public spaces or on public transport only if they had installed it."

My favourite parts! ; D

2020-48-Tu 03:48:02 pm

My favourite parts! ; D

It'll be completely utterly voluntarily. You just won't have a life if you refuse to get it.

Problem/Reaction/Solution.

This bioweapon was released precisely for this.

The BBC have regurgitated this article with a new headline suggesting lockdown could be eased if people install this app.

"Let us know where you go and who you fraternise with and you may get some of your freedoms back"

This is all getting a bit sinister.

no-one should be forced to enrol - at least initially

Orwellian. As. Fuck.

Several GPS location faking apps out there for Android.

couldn't they just use Grinder?

Dissenter
connecting...