Other terms/phrases to avoid include “cake walk” (invokes slavery and black minstrelry), “basket case” (originally meant a soldier in World War I who had lost all his limbs), “freshman” (it’s got “man” in it), and “Hispanic” (something to do with “colonization”)
21 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.zerohedge.com
news/2019-07-18/colorado-state-university-says-word-america-not-inclusive

WTF?

This is my interpretation of the words.

Cake walk = "That\This is easy"

Basket case = "A crazy or frantic person"

Freshman = "A first year" The 'man' is the latter of human.

Hispanic = "Of non-White, non-African, non-European descent, or Latino"

Hmmm...nothing is wrong with any of those words.

Edit History

2019-00-Th 07:00:20 pm

WTF?

Hispanic = "Of non-white, non-European descent."

2019-00-Th 07:00:44 pm

WTF?

Hispanic = "Of non-White, non-African, non-European descent."

The United States of America is precisely the world's melting pot of cultures. It is maximally inclusive. Everyone is invited to come here legally, and enjoy the pants off of freedom and obey our laws, which are actually pretty fucking simple on the surface: your rights stop where someone else's start. Don't tread on us.

Edit History

2019-02-Th 07:02:20 pm

The United States of America is precisely the world's melting pot of cultures. Everyone is invited to come here legally, and enjoy the pants off of freedom and obey our laws, which are actually pretty fucking simple on the surface: your rights stop where someone else's start. Don't tread on us.

2019-02-Th 07:02:33 pm

The United States of America is precisely the world's melting pot of cultures.. It is maximally inclusive. Everyone is invited to come here legally, and enjoy the pants off of freedom and obey our laws, which are actually pretty fucking simple on the surface: your rights stop where someone else's start. Don't tread on us.

The name "Colorado State University" is exclusive as well. It excludes all other states and educational institutions.

While those are "made-up" reasons to change one's speech, here are two which are pertinent!

I no longer use "follow like lemmings" in my speech, because there was a Disney documentary in which they had a turntable just off-camera, and flung those poor rodents to their deaths.

Lemmings do not jump off cliffs, willingly!

Second, I no longer say "don't drink the Kool-Aid" because Jonestown was not a religious suicide event; it was a CIA murder operation.

Oh, and "safe as money in the bank" is another, which reminds me a great deal of Gordon Gekko's quote in the movie "Wall Street": "A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place."

Do you really think that's gonna work for an "ass" like me?

You're fucking nuttier than Grandma's fruit cake.

This needs to stop

I was going to move to Colorado last year. Glad I moved to Texas instead.

First they came for confederate statues...

This makes no sense. #CSU #Colorado is actually stating the opposite, that #America is too inclusive of a word and if you're talking about just the #USA you should use a more specific term. I agree, don't lump the rest of them in with us.

Gettin' to the point where wish America did not encompass Colorado. Boycott. Too bad, always wanted to visit.

Trending On www.zerohedge.com
Trending Comments On www.zerohedge.com
What people are saying...

"Andrew Torba, you are a legend, sir. This is incredibly innovative and very important." - Dave Cullen

Dissenter
connecting...