The U.S. Army is experimenting with new recruiting tactics as it struggles to connect with young people who have other job options in a strong economy with low unemployment.
16 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.wsj.com
articles/u-s-army-tries-new-recruiting-tactics-after-missing-targets-11568726912

“They need to do something.”

Start a war somewhere. There's nothing like a good war to get things moving.

“There’s a misconception that you join the Army and they give you a weapon and ship you off to war,” he told the students. “That is not the case.”

Well, if you join the military thinking you're never going to war, that's plain stupid.

Telling Men they are "Toxic" then holding them to higher moral and physical standards than females is not having the desired effect?

"He told them about the many jobs like those in information technology, much different than infantry, where troops tote a gun on the front lines."

Yeah, but where you need the most troops is in the field. The rest are just support.

You got a bunch of desk jockeys, you ain't got an army. It's the infantry that does the grunt work.

Yes, 11 Bravo speaking.

Edit History

2019-45-Tu 02:45:25 pm

"He told them about the many jobs like those in information technology, much different than infantry, where troops tote a gun on the front lines."

Yeah, but where you need the most troops is in the field. The rest are just support.

You got a bunch of desk jockeys, you ain't got an army. It's the infantry that does the grunt work.

If I knew in 2010 what I know now in 2019, I would have never enlisted to begin with. Not so much what I learned about the Army, but what I learned about this country and the true intentions of just about every institution of it. Why would any young white man want to fight for this? I'm not the one getting a free ride through life on the tax payer dollar because of the color of my skin or what is between my legs. I swear if I could do it all over, I wouldn't. To me it's no mystery they can't meet their numbers, can only imagine how bad combat arms is doing specifically since it's now and has always been overwhelmingly white and male.

I have heard a number of young adults who said they would not join the military because of the vaccine requirements. Military personnel are Guinea pigs. Same with First Responders. A lot of First Responders end up with Cancer after years of vaccines. No surprise.

Men will not fight for a society they have no stake in. Why would they? Money? A person who just fights for money is a mercenary and eventually no fee is big enough to fight

Paywall.

Nope.

"....tight labour market"

Who is the WSJ rooting for here?

Stop fighting wars for Israel.

DAMN if this ain't confirmation the Economy IS on FIRE

Edit History

2019-22-Tu 06:22:14 pm

DAMN if this ain't confirmation the Economy is not on FIRE

Dissenter
connecting...