Facebook said it is providing $1 billion to help ease a shortage of affordable housing in Silicon Valley, the third tech giant this year to commit to addressing the issue as the industry seeks to soften the impact of its rapid growth.
13 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.wsj.com
articles/facebook-donating-1-billion-toward-affordable-housing-in-silicon-valley-11571760000

Gotta have cheap housing for the servant class.

At least they're helping their community, and NOT some foreign country by censoring. That's good.

Why not just pay people more?

I'd be pissed as a shareholder.

Upper class welfare.

But they're not buying a single fucking public toilet.

Got to keep the slaves on the plantation.

Doing the math... Even a dump in that area costs $500,000 so that would be about 2,000 homes. Now the question is, how are the poor going to be able to pay the property taxes?

Wouldn't it make more sense to create jobs?

I appreciate the gesture, but ... I just don't know how this helps.

Well if the Retards in LA are spending 600K on each Homeless apartment, that means they'll be closer to 1Million a piece, so they may find a place for 1000 homeless... Now that's some very expensive virtue signaling!!!

FB employs over 10K H1B workers in BA that aren't paid very much. Average price of a home near FB is between $1M and $2M. This billion will buy between 500 and 1000 homes and that is all. If FB wants to help with housing shortages in silicon valley, the most effective thing they can do is move their headquarters to another region of the country where land isn't so confined by mountains, bays and ocean and foolish exclusionary land use policies run by democrat NIMBY types

Dissenter
connecting...