Organic food producers, which eschew synthetic pesticides for "natural" ones, regularly market their products as more sustainable than conventional offerings, but they're not.
18 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.wnd.com
2021/09/hydroponics-exposed-driven-ideology/

"organic farming has lower yields for almost every crop type."

NO SHIT. You can grow more food, more efficiently if you use pesticides and industrial fertilizers.

I know this FROM GROWING FOOD. People don't want organic foods because they are cheaper or easier. They want organic foods because they don't want to eat a bunch of chemicals. The best food I ever ate in my life was food I grew MYSELF with compost and no pesticides.

There is nothing natural about hydroponics. You're growing in water and some kind of non-soil growing medium, feeding the plants with liquid nutrients through irrigation tubes. The interesting thing about that is the potential for aquaponics, and that's more interesting than practical or healthy.

My hydroponic crops grow BIGGER and BETTER than in soil, Use an all natural organic nutrient, and need ZERO pesticides... As they aren't grown outdoors, or on the ground. The coco coir they grow in, is pH Neutral, all organic, and also contains zero chemicals. Hydroponic = Grown in Water.

Been around for 60+ years, and is QUITE sustainable...

The article is like one big printed lie.

Pathetic.

Edit History

2021-32-Mo 06:32:20 am

My hydroponic crops grow BIGGER and BETTER than in soil, Use an all natural organic nutrient, and need ZERO pesticides... As they aren't grown outdoors, or on the ground. The coco coir the grow in, in pH Neutral, all organic, and also contains zero chemicals. Hydroponic = Grown in Water Been around for 60+ years, and is QUITE sustainable...

Pathetic.

2021-32-Mo 06:32:32 am

My hydroponic crops grow BIGGER and BETTER than in soil, Use an all natural organic nutrient, and need ZERO pesticides... As they aren't grown outdoors, or on the ground. The coco coir they grow in, in pH Neutral, all organic, and also contains zero chemicals. Hydroponic = Grown in Water Been around for 60+ years, and is QUITE sustainable...

Pathetic.

2021-35-Mo 06:35:19 am

My hydroponic crops grow BIGGER and BETTER than in soil, Use an all natural organic nutrient, and need ZERO pesticides... As they aren't grown outdoors, or on the ground. The coco coir they grow in, is pH Neutral, all organic, and also contains zero chemicals. Hydroponic = Grown in Water Been around for 60+ years, and is QUITE sustainable...

Pathetic.

Actually, the interesting thing about this article is the gradual migration of the left AWAY from any ideology that challenges the state or globalist establishment.

20 years ago, they were all about "sustainable farming," and "local foods." Now all of a sudden, those very things are CAUSING CLIMATE CHANGE or some shit. And they want everyone to let the drug companies to experiment on us at will, and they want the government to track us 24/7 and lock us down whenever they want.

The left in 2021 is everything they claimed to hate in 1990.

imagine writing this absolute crap. Organic produce is better for you. Hydroponics is a way of making some plants even more fruitful (not all)... any article that throws these methods (Organic methods are the oldest methods of food production) under the bus should be scoffed at, at maximum volume. Go... eat your cancer causing, pesticide laden, tomatoes if you dare.

Good example of propaganda. Half truths, lies, and omissions with a good dose of fear.

Consider the source. I've been growing FOOD hydroponically for 30 years. I can grow the same amount of vegetables in a 1000sq/ft building that I used grow on a quarter acre (10890sq/ft) tilled patch. Multiple crops per year. LESS WATER and Less CHEMICALS. Ideology? No! Science! #BotanyFTW

Edit History

2021-25-Mo 11:25:24 am

Consider the source. I've been growing FOOD hydroponically for 30 years. I can grow the same amount of vegetables in a 1000sq/ft building that I used grow on a quarter acre (10890sq/ft) tilled patch. Multiple crops per year. Ideology? No! Science! #BotanyFTW

You know what's like Hydroponics and IS 100% natural and sustainable?

Aquaponics!

It's just like hydroponics, except instead of using liquid nutrients (chemical) {somtimes natural: kelp meal, blood and bone meal, ect.} to feed the plants, fish waste feeds the plants and provides a protein crop with the veggie crop.

All the while using merely 8% the water traditional corporatized mono-crop farming consumes.

Why is it not everywhere? Simple. BigAg gets all the subsidies, govt hand-outs and crop insurance, while the sustainable and healthy options are kept away from all that capitol.

Cool thing though, with a couple hdpe totes and a pond pump you can start growing aquaponics yourself.

What is aquaponics? https://youtu.be/b3KMLZiWYns

You know this article maybe shit but it's really refreshing to see so many of the gab community connected into alternative farming practices and self-reliance. It's knowledge and attitudes like this that are going to see us through the hell that faces us today.

Edit History

2021-21-Mo 04:21:58 pm

You know this article maybe shit but it's really refreshing to see so many of the gab community connected into alternative farming practices and self-reliance. It's knowledge and attitudes like this that are going to see us through the hell that faces us.

Dissenter
connecting...