(SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST) -- China may have gained a reputation as a surveillance state because it has more closed circuit TV (CCTV) cameras deployed than any other country, but when it comes to per capita usage, the US is No 1. The US has 15.28 surveillance cameras per 100 citizens, slightly higher than China’s…
21 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.wnd.com
2019/12/surprise-u-s-surveillance-cameras-per-citizen-china/

I'd like to know how many of those are privately owned in each case. Store or home security cameras are significantly less worrying than government ones.

Actually, I'm NOT all that surprised!

That’s because Much of China is a third world country and the people can’t afford cameras. Americans are buying more cameras to protect their private wealth from the third world thieves the government keeps importing. Apples and oranges.

I have six in operation here on my property.

It is scary. But I think most of those cameras belong to private businesses or people who don't care what you believe as long as you don't steal their stuff.

"...according to a reportissued this week by computer security site Precisesecurity.com"

How many of them were sold by Amazon and work with Alexa?

(SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST)

Considering the source of this article, one should take this with a pound of salt.

Original link here

(https://www.scmp.com/tech/gear/article/3040974/china-most-surveilled-nation-us-has-largest-number-cctv-cameras-capita?)

Edit History

2019-06-Mo 05:06:59 pm

(SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST)

Considering the source of this article, one should take this with a pound of salt.

The number is meaningless without full context, in both cases.

And Google US is in bed with the Chinese Regime... real nice work, Google!

Dissenter
connecting...