Dr. Anthony Fauci's interview with Science magazine began on an inauspicious note. Asked how he's doing right now, Fauci said he was "exhausted" but "good." "I mean, I'm not, to my knowledge, coronavirus-infected," he said, before adding with a laugh: "To my knowledge, I haven't been fired." The half-joke was a sign of things to come. What followed were several exchanges that should help people take stock of President Donald Trump's response to the coronavirus. Repeatedly, Fauci tacitly and even openly admitted that comments made by the commander in chief are not true and are not in line with what the nation's leading infectious disease expert is advising. In short, it's precisely what the critical coverage of Trump has been saying for weeks, but that Trump's many and ardent defenders have applied blinders on themselves to ignore. The interviewer, Jon Cohen, asked whether Fauci would acknowledge that Trump says things he disagrees with, and Fauci seemed to grant the premise - albeit diplomatically. Fauci maintained that, "I don't disagree on the substance" - with "on the substance" being the key phrase - but then added: "It is expressed in a way that I would not express it, because it could lead to some misunderstanding about what the facts are about a given subject." If we're going to distill that down, he's essentially saying the president is confusing people - at the bare minimum. The exchange highlights the mixed messages the country has been getting in recent days, in particular, about the promise of certain drugs to treat coronavirus. While Fauci has warned that evidence of the drugs' effectiveness is "anecdotal" and that there is no "magic drug" to treat coronavirus, Trump said Friday that he "disagreed" with Fauci, at least in part, and has repeatedly hailed a malaria drug in particular as a possible...
14 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.thehour.com
opinion/article/I-know-but-what-do-you-want-me-to-do-Fauci-s-15150393.php

Stop with the bullshit narrative and report what he said.

This is pure spin and NOT the intention he had. Drudge should be ashamed and WaPo is pure garbage and should be destroyed

Hmmm, when you read the interview transcript and this article, it's almost like this article doesn't reflect reality at all.

Fauci is just a globalist tool whose real job is to protect the Globalists' [#DeepState + #FakeNews] power monopoly not US . This GUY has worked for Resident Evil's Umbrella Corp IRL [NIH+CDC+WHO] since the 1960s and has industrialized the DS Bioweapon program ... This GUY is part of the problem ==> he has doctorate in bio-terrorism and is a professional bio-terrorist... #DrEvil #PoohFlu #Event201

Edit History

2020-05-Mo 09:05:26 pm

Fauci just a globalist tool whose real job is not to protect the Globalists' [#DeepState + #FakeNews] power monopoly not US . This GUY has worked for Resident Evil's Umbrella Corp IRL [NIH+CDC+WHO] since the 1960s and has industrialized the DS Bioweapon program ... This GUY is part of the problem ==> he has doctorate in bio-terrorism and is a professional bio-terrorist... #DrEvil #PoohFlu #Event201

2020-05-Mo 09:05:52 pm

Fauci is just a globalist tool whose real job is not to protect the Globalists' [#DeepState + #FakeNews] power monopoly not US . This GUY has worked for Resident Evil's Umbrella Corp IRL [NIH+CDC+WHO] since the 1960s and has industrialized the DS Bioweapon program ... This GUY is part of the problem ==> he has doctorate in bio-terrorism and is a professional bio-terrorist... #DrEvil #PoohFlu #Event201

This might be the most heavily spun bullshit article I've ever read.

It's not oppression if it comes from the experts!

Fauci will in no way support a generic drug for use when there's a dangerous new big pharma candidate to push at a lofty cost. He's a globalist and a serial liar on vaccine safety.

I'm starting to see numerous accounts of individuals who claim they were cured of COVID-19 by being treated with Hydroxychloroquine. This seems at odds with the MSM and Fauci's claims that it's dangerous and/or ineffective. Let's see what the actual facts are, because if it works, there's a cover up being attempted here, and a motivation that needs to be investigated.

This is such crap ... Idiots are still attacking Trump .. we should just destroy the stupid democrats .. they are evil... evil, evil .... rotten, childish aholes that deserve to hang in public .. So Fauci doesn't disagree with the substance, but Trump isn't diplomatic enough for him .. he's a doctor, an administrator, and Trump is not docile enough, or controlled enough for him .. Fauci is saying "Trump's statments confuse you democrats because you are not interested in clarity, you are interested in attacking Trump" ... That's all the left is interested in .. no substance, just political bias and treachery ... these people are treacherous and the American people should now see how dirty, how evil the democrats are, trying to attach all manner of unrelated pork to the emergency assistance bill, effectively denying Americans the help so many people need so desperately, while the democrats try to make political hay ... death to the democrats...

Sounds like Fauci has not complaints.

Dissenter
connecting...