Almost five times as many male respondents as female ones told YouGov they are good-looking. That’s no surprise, considering girls are trained to bat off compliments, writes Suzanne Moore
19 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.theguardian.com
commentisfree/2019/sep/17/men-think-they-are-beautiful-women-need-that-confidence-too

stop fucking whining. jeezus.

Hey Polly! If men ever do anything right, will you please let us know?

How long before the next article damning incels without any sense of awareness?

Men are judged on status resources and utility Women youth and fertility Men have to aquire what they are judged on women get it handed to them but soon lose it. We used to have a thing called marrage to balance the problem here before women completely fucked it up.

For all the talk that the world would be a better place with women in charge of everything the fact is women always feel unsure of themselves because of the way other women treat them. Women cut each other down and root for each other's failure in a way men just don't, or if they do for some reason men are just able to let it role off of their backs while women fixate on it.

That is the problem here, it isn't anything being done to women by men, this is being done to women by other women.

There was a study where they let people estimate their confidence of their own looks, before presenting a slideshow of models of the same gender. Then they let them estimate their own looks again.

Women saw a huge drop in their confidence towards their own looks, while males showed no drop at all. Men's reaction surprised the researchers.

When researchers asked the men why they didn't feel any worse for their looks after watching images of much better looking men, the men typically responded that it is the job of those men in those pictures to look that good, and since they didn't work as male models, there was no reason to compete.

I think this shows something fundamental - and ancient - in how people view themselves.

Woman's looks are in direct correlation with her status. An exceptionally good looking woman can get a wealthy husband even if she herself is from a poor family. Therefore having good looks is an important asset and something to out-compete other women with, and is independent of her own professional skill level.

But a man's status comes from his ability to provide. And people provide with so many different ways, that there is no reason to compete with everyone. I can code, but I'm not a professional test engineer, a fisherman, a politician, a journalist, etc. There is no reason for me to be stressed about other people being better than me in their profession. And being a male model is just that - a profession.

I don't think I'm beautiful. I just know I don't have to be. That's not what is required of me. I'm required to keep my family fed, clothed, and warm - and that's what I'm good at.

Really guardian? Also why is YouGov asking if you are a narcissistic shit?

When I think "beautiful man" I think homosexual.

It's true, just look at some singers and actors that are considered very attractive and they are homos.

Edit History

2019-55-Tu 11:55:16 am

When I think "beautiful man" I think homosexual.

And that is why we have absolutely fucked up incel and misanthropy groups online consisting of beautiful men.

Women know they are fuckable. Just might be that men they want to be fucked by don't want to fuck 'em.

Men who women do not want to be fucked by... Know they are not fuckable.

That is why we have fucking video games. Women need video games, not confidence. They need incel groups and suicide ratings.

Edit History

2019-31-Tu 12:31:06 pm

And that is why we have absolutely fucked up incel and misanthropy groups online consisting of beautiful men.

Entitled Guardian narcissist readers grappling with reality again.

Men die that's a women's problem, men think women are pretty that's a woman's problem, what's next men like water and how this effects women?

Trending On www.theguardian.com
Trending Comments On www.theguardian.com
What people are saying...

"Andrew Torba, you are a legend, sir. This is incredibly innovative and very important." - Dave Cullen

Dissenter
connecting...