Labour can’t be defensive about where it went wrong. We need honest self-criticism, says the MP for Birmingham Yardley
8 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.theguardian.com
commentisfree/2019/dec/14/working-class-voters-didnt-trust-labour-jess-phillips

I can’t help but think that the fact that we saw only a tiny swing away from Labour in my seat was because of our ability to disagree well, with good humour and a shared vernacular

No, you absolute berk. The only reason that you saw a small swing was because you are in a major metropolitan constituency with a large Muslim voter base. In literally every English constituency that this is the case, Labour took/kept a seat. A red rosette on a pile of dead dogs would have gotten the same number of votes that you did. You have turned your back on the white British working class as have the rest of your party, that is why you fail.

Edit History

2019-18-Sa 09:18:11 pm

** I can’t help but think that the fact that we saw only a tiny swing away from Labour in my seat was because of our ability to disagree well, with good humour and a shared vernacular**

No, you absolute berk. The only reason that you saw a small swing was because you are in a major metropolitan constituency with a large Muslim voter base. In literally every English constituency that this is the case, Labour took/kept a seat. A red rosette on a pile of dead dogs would have gotten the same number of votes that you did. You have turned your back on the white British working class as have the rest of your party, that is why you fail.

She's failing to see that patriotism matters most, the vote was on leaving EU and ending mass immigration not schools and health care. We want to keep our country and culture not have Labour give it away piecemeal to Pakistan or Brussels. Jess got her seat through a female only shortlist.

I wouldn't even change Jess Philips.

The problem isn’t just that working-class people will be hurt by the Tories – it’s that too many don’t believe we’re better than the Tories.

Keep working that Birtish working class people are stupid and vote against their interest line and the Labour party will be nothing but muslims and the city-dwelling white women they groom.

Edit History

2019-52-Su 04:52:57 pm

The problem isn’t just that working-class people will be hurt by the Tories – it’s that too many don’t believe we’re better than the Tories.

Keep working that the Birtish working class people are stupid and vote against their interest line and the Labour party will be nothing but muslims and the city-dwelling white women they groom.

Jess has to change a LOT.

"We are not an angry mob," ignoring the hysterical gnashing of teeth and calls to end democracy from the angry mob's own mouths after their party legitimately lost the elections.

Edit History

2019-52-Tu 10:52:59 am

"We are not an angry mob," ignoring the hysterical gnashing of teeth and calls to end democracy from the angry mob's own mouths after the elections.

Our first past the post system means that a party must have broad appeal if it is going to win an election. The kind of identity politics preached by Jess Phillips will keep Labour out of power forever.

They're as deluded as their supporters, sitting in an echo chamber of similar thinkers, and not for a second wondering what's going on outside the window.

Labour's "heart-land" just upped and left! Well, after-all, being labour's heart-land doesn't appear to have helped them much, the North is still the poorer neighbour of the South.

The only bastion left is London, where such a large portion of the population don't drive that they are forever trapped the on their public transport inside the M25, with no a single clue what life is like outside the city.

Us from outside know full well what life is like inside the city, stabbings, motorcycle theft, beggers, entire areas unsafe to walk at night, Muslim men spitting at unaccompanied females (heard 1st hand when it happened to a friend of mine in Stepney Green)... We're happy to commute back out as soon as possible!

Dissenter
connecting...