PRESIDENT Donald Trump pulled back from a plan to quarantine New York, New Jersey and Connecticut on Saturday, hours after NY Governor Andrew Cuomo blasted the plan as “illegal” and a &…
15 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.the-sun.com
news/604376/andrew-cuomo-new-york-coroanvirus-slams-donald-trump/

Brilliant move on Trump's part. Now the Democrats can't say he isn't doing enough.

War? but I thought ALL democrats thought the Federal govt was 100% SUPREME to the states.

"absolutely no sense"...to prevent access into and out of an area badly impacted by a deadly pandemic??? These Democrats have got to be amongst the stupidest people that have ever lived.

If the federal government cannot quarantine New York, then the governors of the surrounding states must do it themselves.

Last thing we need is our local healthcare systems overrun by the corona-zombies that are fleeing New York. Whatsa matter? Don't want to live in your overcrowded, multicultural, glistening shit-on-the-sidewalks city anymore?

Imagine Andrew Cuomo making more sense than Trump. Clown world is back.

I think this might be classic Trumpian A/B testing were he contemplates a policy "backing red flag laws", "going after violent video games", "DACA amnesty", etc then lets that contemplated policy leak while gauging reactions. I mean its good he can see that shit like red flag laws, blaming video games for violence and deploying the military to unconstitutionally forcibly lockdown NY, NJ and CT are all mistakes I just wish he wouldn't contemplate moves like this in the first place. Which Swamp creature is whispering these ideas in his ear?

Can Mr. Cuomo please point to the part of the Constitution that gave Mr. Lincoln the authority to invade the South to prevent the Confederate states from seceding from the Union?

Oh, that's right. Lincoln didn't need constitutional authority, because he was morally right. In addition, God was on his side.

2021 he will run as a democrat

President Trump blew it. He had a great opportunity to establish precedence limiting Presidential powers and shaming Demoncrats into doing the right thing. He should have stated "Although Presidents have constitutional power to shut the country's borders they do not have constitutional authority to shut down state borders; and the Governors of NY,, NJ and Connecticut should self quarantine for the good of the country."

Dissenter
connecting...