To deter pimps and johns, lawmakers voted to create the “Soliciting for Prostitution Public Database,” which lists the names, addresses and color photographs of people who are convicted or plead no contest to soliciting prostitution.
13 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.tampabay.com
florida-politics/buzz/2019/05/14/florida-may-create-prostitution-registry-for-pimps-and-johns/

Just start taxing the pussy

Not all prostitution is trafficking. If prostitution was legal and regulated that would go a long way to stopping the actual trafficking because the underground stuff would be easier to find and more starved for business as most 'johns' wouldn't risk a crime when there is a legal way at a licensed regulated inspected brothel with workers evaluated for mental health and so forth.

This whole "trafficking" narrative is being pushed because the feminists want all prostitution outlawed so it is almost impossible for men to get sex without finding an angry bitchy feminist who will coerce 'acceptable' behaviour out if him in exchange for sex - like how he is allowed to vote in elections for example. Just ask Alyssa Millano if you think I'm kidding.

Edit History

2019-36-Tu 08:36:25 pm

Not all prostitution is trafficking. If prostitution was legal and regulated that would go a long way to stopping the actual trafficking because the underground stuff would be easier to find and more starved for business as most 'johns' wouldn't risk a crime when there is a legal way at a licensed regulated inspected brothel with workers evaluated for mental health and so forth.

This whole "trafficking" narrative is being pushed because the feminists want all prostitution outlawed so it is almost impossible for men to get sex without finding an angry bitchy feminist who will coerce 'acceptable' behaviour out if him in exchange for sex. Just ask Alyssa Millano if you think I'm kidding.

Giving someone money is legal. Having sex is legal. Giving someone money to have sex is illegal. - George Carlin.

Do divorced guys count?

They basically are paying most of their income for the rest of their lives for a brief period of sex on demand.

If that's not prostitution, I don't know what is.

We could do that in California but most of our politicians would be on the list. Might not be good for optics.

a registry for this sort of thing creates an atmosphere where these people can never be rehabilitated. they will be shunned for however long their image appears on the registry.

sex is a physical need most would say cannot be avoided, and some are unable to obtain through socially acceptable means. by using this method to try and control them will only contribute to them feeling even more so like outcasts, and forcing them even further into criminal behaviors.

i thought i was alone in thinking this was wrong then i read the other comments here.

Edit History

2019-56-Tu 10:56:27 pm

a registry for this sort of thing creates an atmosphere where these people can never be rehabilitated. they will be shunned for however long their image appears on the registry. sex is a physical need most would say cannot be avoided, and some are unable to obtain through socially acceptable means.

i thought i was alone in thinking this was wrong then i read the other comments here.

2019-59-Tu 10:59:34 pm

a registry for this sort of thing creates an atmosphere where these people can never be rehabilitated. they will be shunned for however long their image appears on the registry. sex is a physical need most would say cannot be avoided, and some are unable to obtain through socially acceptable means. by using this method to try and control them will only contribute to them feeling even more so like outcasts.

2019-01-Tu 11:01:23 pm

a registry for this sort of thing creates an atmosphere where these people can never be rehabilitated. they will be shunned for however long their image appears on the registry.

sex is a physical need most would say cannot be avoided, and some are unable to obtain through socially acceptable means. by using this method to try and control them will only contribute to them feeling even more so like outcasts.

Is this where I get a frequent flyer card?

Dj
9 days ago(edited)

All you need is plausible deniability.

You call a girl, you know she's a hooker, she knows she's a hooker, you ask for a massage and put money on the table, never mentioning sex. What happens after that is between two consenting adults and there is absolutely nothing a court of law can hold you with.

I'm all for literally ending the lives of child traffickers and pedos with a shot to the back of the head, but criminalizing two consenting adults is a pointless, and EXTREMELY wasteful en-devour. There are actual crimes out there that police should be focused on. You want to decriminalize something? Start with being able to pay for sex, the oldest profession in the world.

Not only is it wasteful, but it causes these people to resort to other types of crime due to them now not being able to get jobs anywhere. Ron does some good thing, but this bill is absolutely fucking retarded.

Edit History

2019-23-We 01:23:51 am

You call a girl, you know she's a hooker, she knows she's a hooker, you ask for a massage and put money on the table, never mentioning sex. What happens after that is between two consenting adults and there is absolutely nothing a court of law can hold you with.

I'm all for literally ending the lives of child traffickers and pedos with a shot to the back of the head, but criminalizing two consenting adults is a pointless, and EXTREMELY wasteful en-devour.

2019-25-We 01:25:26 am

I'm all for literally ending the lives of child traffickers and pedos with a shot to the back of the head, but criminalizing two consenting adults is a pointless, and EXTREMELY wasteful en-devour. There are actual crimes out there that police should be focused on. You want to decriminalize something? Start with being able to pay for sex, the oldest profession in the world.

Prohibition of things that only harm the adults involved always leads to worse problems than the thing that is prohibited.

Prohibition of things that only harm the adults involved always leads to worse problems for society than the thing that is prohibited.

Trending On www.tampabay.com
No trending URLs at this time
Trending Comments On www.tampabay.com
No trending comments at this time
What people are saying...

"You should all get an account. I believe that Dissenter has the capability of becoming one of the next big things in tech." - Styxhexenhammer666

Dissenter
connecting...