WASHINGTON - Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a "midnight self-massacre" to sound a public alarm about President Donald Trump's conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author. In "A Warning" by Anonymous, obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its release, a writer described only as "a senior official in the Trump administration" paints a chilling portrait of the president as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation he was elected to lead. The author - who first captured attention in 2018 as the unidentified author of a New York Times opinion column - describes Trump careening from one self-inflicted crisis to the next, "like a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport." The book is an unsparing character study of Trump, from his morality to his intellectual depth, which the author writes is based on his or her observations and experiences. The author claims many other current and former administration officials share his or her views. The 259-page book - which was published by Twelve, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group, and goes on sale Nov. 19 - does not re-create many specific episodes in vivid detail, which the author writes was intentional to protect his or her identity. At a moment when a stream of political appointees and career public servants have testified before Congress about Trump's conduct as part of the House impeachment inquiry, the book's author defends his or her decision to remain anonymous. "I have decided to publish this anonymously because...
67 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.stamfordadvocate.com
news/article/Anonymous-author-s-Warning-portrays-a-14818890.php

Don't these retarded fuckers know we have internet and can watch his rallies on line he does not seem confused or sluring to me. I'm so sick of these disgusting cock suckers.

Anonymous source = My imaginary friend told me.

What a bunch of bullshit! Philip Rucker

"stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity."

Pretty sure you are talking about Nancy there.

anonymous? what a cunt. have an opinion already, 7 billion people do, you can too. even if it's fukkin stupid.

More lies from the Fake News.

TrUmp is iNSannNnEeee but Biden doesn't even seem to know what decade it is but he gets a pass

Of course this is not propaganda

CNN and MSNBC do it everyday and "some" people actually buy it. They really think they're watching the news. lol

Does the warning include a record high stock market, Chinese concessions on unfair trade practices and an actual solution to the civil war in Syria?

Dissenter
connecting...