Ireland is being used by the US and the EU as a weapon to attack Brexit.
1 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.spiked-online.com
2020/09/17/its-time-for-ireland-to-grow-up/

The Irish hate the British, or rather the English. And Brexit is seen as an ENGLISH thing. The Irish elites would be thrilled to see England made destitute, humiliated, become a pariah, "cancelled". Were that to happen, I dare say that there'd be street parties in Ireland and parts of New York.

The left is Internationalist in outlook, so is at the very least sympathetic if not outright favourable to the EU. Also that Internationalism means that the US Left has may ties with the UK Left, so will take it's cues in solidarity from its international brethren.

Brendan O'Neill must know this - he is an excellent journalist and is of recent Irish heritage.

Edit History

2020-22-Th 02:22:34 pm

The Irish hate the British, or rather the English. And Brexit is seen as an ENGLISH thing. The Irish elites would be thrilled to see England made destitute, humiliated, become a pariah, cancelled". Were that to happen, I dare say that there'd be street parties in Ireland and parts of New York.

The left is Internationalist in outlook, so is at the very least sympathetic if not outright favourable to the EU. Also that Internationalism means that the US Left has may ties with the UK Left, so the US Left will take it's cues in solidarity from the UK Left, and vice-versa.

2020-24-Th 02:24:38 pm

The Irish hate the British, or rather the English. And Brexit is seen as an ENGLISH thing. The Irish elites would be thrilled to see England made destitute, humiliated, become a pariah, "cancelled". Were that to happen, I dare say that there'd be street parties in Ireland and parts of New York.

The left is Internationalist in outlook, so is at the very least sympathetic if not outright favourable to the EU. Also that Internationalism means that the US Left has may ties with the UK Left, so the US Left will take it's cues in solidarity from the UK Left, and vice-versa.

Brendan O'Neill must know this - he is an excellent journalist and is of recent Irish heritage.

Dissenter
connecting...