Sir Anthony Hopkins, of ‘Silence of the Lambs’ and ‘The Two Popes’ fame, says he keeps his political opinions to himself for good reason. Other, more outspoken performers may want to take a page from his wise book these days.
9 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.rt.com
op-ed/475257-actor-stupid-hopkins-politics/

For a group of people who are so stupid the media sure does seem to give their words much weight...does that make the media even stupider?

This is what we get for not letting McCarthy hunt down every last commie he could find. Better late than never!

Hopkins slams Hollywood. Must-read!

Some evidence: "‘Avengers’ star Mark Ruffalo, a man worth approximately $30 million, recently called for an “economic revolution” on Twitter and claimed “capitalism is failing us, killing us, and robbing from our children’s future.”"

Yet, he's happy to take the benefits of capitalism for himself.

I think anybody with half a brain has suspected this for some time.

I think allowing these short-sighted celebrities to float out these opinions has served as a test balloon. They wanted to see whether or not people listened or gave them any sort of credence. Now that this is failing they'll need to find a better mouthpiece.

Thank you sir Hopkins, let's hope other actors will emulate you. I don't think but who knows.

McCarthy was correct, however it doesn't matter if they're open about it or not. "Movies that made us" on netflix has a writer/producer openly admitting that they use movies to influence people politically (see the episode on Dirty Dancing). We've always known it, but there you go. (BTW, I don't have a netflix account, so don't jump on me about that. Just pointing something out.)

Dissenter
connecting...