Once again, an asteroid is set to make a high-speed, “close” flyby of the Earth, coming within a minimum distance of 487,000 km, which is slightly more than the average orbit of the moon.
27 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.rt.com
news/472933-asteroid-flyby-close-as-moon/

Can't it be detoured toward Seattle?

Hope it smashes into North africa I want a bigger mediterranean sea.

Edit History

2019-36-Fr 04:36:44 pm

Hope it Smashes in North africa I want a bigger mediterranean sea.

I'm gonna go visit the brothel.....just in case.

please hit California

Time for Starship Troopers government! 😱😱😱

Hope it diverts and hits westminster.

Lucky, Jupiter and the moon take all the heat for us. Who placed those so perfectly in their exact location for us?

Edit History

2019-29-Fr 07:29:55 pm

Lucky for Jupiter and the moon take all the heat for us. Who placed those so perfectly in their exact location for us?

Following conventional wisdom, shouldn't this fly by send our magnetic and gravitational fields into a tizzy? You can see the Copernicus crater on the moon with the naked eye at 237,000 miles away and it is roughly equivalent in size to Lake Titicaca Brazil at 3,200 square miles. If you zoom out on Titicaca in Google Earth, you can no longer see it at 8,000 miles up, but at 4k miles it's still visible. Titicaca isn't even a spec at that point. Why the visible difference between the two? Is the moon really 237k miles away?

It could collide with another asteroid and change course towards us. That's just one of the many reasons to buy our new Survivor 72-Day Food Supply............

Hmmmmm 🤔. Wondering why we never hear how close the asteroids are to the moon. Must be because the majority of the US population would never connect the dots. Isn’t the moon full of asteroid craters. Why the hell we spend trillions to settle on a rotating too cold and too hot place with no oxygen that is bombarded by asteroids? No more government funding for distant space exploration until $22 trillion debt is paid off and crime reduced by 30%.

Dissenter
connecting...