Appropriators hope to recast the politically taboo spending practice as funding for “community projects."
4 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.politico.com
news/2021/02/16/earmarks-coming-back-congress-469131

They don't know anything but "TAX & SPEND & THEN SPEND MORE"

Piss it all away on 3rd world shitholes that hate us all.

They chose the correct name, "earmarks". That's "Pig Ears". They ID all the money they can steal from the American people without solving the problem and still use the problem as a crisis so they can use it again for another robbery. Let the Revolution begin. TERM LIMITS is the best defense, if they are smart enough to use it.

Edit History

2021-17-Tu 09:17:35 pm

TThey chose the correct name, "earmarks". That's "Pig Ears". They ID all the money they can steal from the American people without solving the problem and still use the problem as a crisis so they can use it again for another robbery. Let the Revolution begin. TERM LIMITS is the best defense, if they are smart enough to use it.

I still think it's better that bad politicians are bribing each other on little vanity projects instead of trying to force "compromise" on legislation affecting the ENTIRE nation at once.

"The best argument for restoring earmarks is that Congress has been slowly abdicating its responsibility to the presidency. Consolidated, unchecked executive power is a great concern of mine — and it should be one of yours, too. From Bush to Obama to Trump and now Biden, presidential power is running more unchecked every term. Starting wars, spending tax dollars and signing executive orders in the place of legislating is the new norm on both sides." - A take that I hadn't thought of before and strikes me as pretty important.

Dissenter
connecting...