2 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.politico.com
news/2020/11/16/mcconnell-trump-afghan-troop-reduction-436821

“A rapid withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan now would hurt our allies and delight the people who wish us harm,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said bluntly. What are you talking about Mitch? Perhaps old school republicans like yourself wet the bed thinking about this. Modern republicans don't want this. We don't want our troops in other countries. You are so out of touch with your voter base, as is most politicians on both side of the aisle. Normally I don't bash on my own party, but it's about time we grow some balls and take care of our own instead of everyone else.

"Republicans expressed widespread fear that lowering the number of troops could allow the Taliban to continue to overthrow elements of the Afghan government.

“You can’t simply unilaterally draw down troops,” said Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), a member of the Armed Services Committee. “I think it’s a serious mistake to unilaterally walk away.”

Sure you can walk away! And there's even a simple solution to prevent them from gaining any power.

Dissenter
connecting...