The full House is expected to approve two articles of impeachment against the president. The GOP-led Senate is already making plans for what leaders hope will be a quick trial in January.
1 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.npr.org
2019/12/16/787759234/house-slated-to-impeach-trump-this-week-how-it-will-work-and-what-comes-next

"thus making him the third president to go down in the history books with a majority of representatives voting that he is guilty of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" as set out in the Constitution."

NO, that's not what a vote for impeachment would mean. It means that they find there is enough evidence to take the case to trial, which will happen in the Senate. The difference? The defendant will have opportunity to actually defend himself.

I swear, NPR, you keep on making me glad that I stopped listening to you five years ago.

Edit History

2019-54-Mo 01:54:48 pm

thus making him the third president to go down in the history books with a majority of representatives voting that he is guilty of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" as set out in the Constitution.

NO, that's not what a vote for impeachment would mean. It means that they find there is enough evidence to take the case to trial, which will happen in the Senate. The difference? The defendant will have opportunity to actually defend himself.

I swear, NPR, you keep on making me glad that I stopped listening to you five years ago.

Dissenter
connecting...