A proposal to create a commission to study reparations for African Americans comes as the presidential election season is kicking into gear. Some Democratic hopefuls support reparations.
13 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.npr.org
2019/06/18/733880321/congressional-hearing-on-slavery-reparations-set-for-wednesday

Here's all the "reparations" blacks should ever get. About 100,000 white soldiers of the Union died to free them. Lincoln's goal was to keep the Union together, but he used "slavery" as a tactic to beat the South. Without those 100,000 white soldiers giving their lives, blacks would not have been freed. So, they were freed by the blood of white American soldiers.

If they still want reparations, here's how they should get it. Pay them and then deport them back to Africa, no more citizenship in America, ever.

Once the money is spent they will just ask for more reparations. If this door is ever opened it can never be shut.

The Dindus get goddamn reparations every month in the form of welfare, snap, wic and section 8....go fuck yourselves

No free money based on something that might have happened over 150 years, like 9 generations ago, to your great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents, imbeciles.

So... If they can hold this down to ONLY descendants of slaves (which everyone will want to glom onto), and ONLY from the descendants of slave owners, then maybe I would be good with it. I'm a second generation immigrant, whose family have never owned slaves.

My mother's family moved to the USA from Russia in 1923. My father's family was from New York. In Fort Hill Cemetery in Auburn NY there are 19 graves stones of my relatives that were Union soldiers between 1862-65. Why should any of my tax money be used for reparations?

Since Jews were the primary financiers, traders & owners of slaves, will they designate those responsible to pay? Whites were the 1st, in the history of the world to regard slavery as reprehensible & freed slaves in short order. Why would whites be considered responsible? http://archive.is/fqZ7a

This is great news for those hoping for a raising of racial consciousness among white people. What I want to know is what is the bill? That is, how much would it cost to wipe the slate clean; no more affirmative action, diversity departments, anti-white hostility, etc. What is the bill?

Pay me my money!!!!

As I've said before, I had absolutely nothing to do with slavery and will not be made to pay one dime for it. I will exit the tax rolls if this ever gets close to seeing the light of day!

decades of Section 8, welfare, and affirmative action should count as reparations.

Dissenter
connecting...