President Donald Trump could face a secret impeachment vote in the Senate if only three Republicans conditioned the ballot on their accepting the rules governing a trial in the chamber, a longtime GOP adviser argued Tuesday.
14 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.newsmax.com
politics/trump-impeachment-senate/2019/11/12/id/941283/

In a Republican controlled Senate: If they vote to allow a secret ballot, its over for ALL of the Republicans...

That should be fucking illegal.

The people have a right to know how their elected representatives vote.

Secret votes by House or Senate are wrong, jut plain wrong. We need to understand how our elected officials are voting so that they are held accountable by their constituents.

You are going to cause the American people to attack their own government and riot in the street, don't do this you foolish elected tools. Don't do a secret ballot, the people of America are not going to put up with this.

What else are they doing in the swamp, that we don't know about?

Edit History

2019-01-We 04:01:25 am

What else are they doing in the swamp...

This is an absurd concept. These senators were elected to uphold the values of their constituents, not to cast secret ballots on whether to overthrow a democratically elected president.

I'll save you the time: no, thats not how it works nor would it even get to the senate anyway

I'd vote straight blue if this occurred. Every election.

For life.

You really want to have the Senate declare that Impeachment unconstitutional, do you? I'd be a Democrat and I'll personally challenge this procedure to the supreme court. And encourage the Senate to throw it out as soon as they get it. Dead on Fucking Arrival.

Public Proceedings and Public Vote....or no deal!

Now this right here would cause a civil war for certain. No way ELECTED OFFICIALS get to hide their votes from the public. No sir!

Dissenter
connecting...