11 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.news.com.au
world/breaking-news/obesity-not-a-choice-says-new-report/news-story/20aa6fd1464578c1907f77e0d1ecf405

So it's not the 4 whole chickens, 3 racks of ribs, 55 gallon drum of coke and 32 tacos a day that make people fat; it's just nature?

Of course it's a choice. Yes it was much easier 60 years ago because of the lack of processed food, but the produce section of the grocery store still exists. Our society now thinks that if any effort is required to accomplish something it's unfair or more typically an evil plot by society (i.e. white males).

Its always someone elses fault! How dare they suggest people take responsibility for their own lives, next will be that all men are violent and women are not responsible for choosing abusive partners.

I am fat and I know it. I don't blame others, and I don't try to change society to accept me.

Yes, I do constantly feel hunger pains if I'm not near-constantly eating. which I know most people must not feel, or they would be eating too. I deal with it. I know I have to live constantly hungry to loose weight. I don't put out ads saying I'm beautiful to hide my weight problem.

"Society's Opinion" on the 'condition' (greed is a condition now?) is not what is important. Stuffing their fat stupid face with creamsicles is what is important.

Denying that they have agency is not going to fix them.

Bullshit!

Lies. If it's not a choice, where are all the fat Africans? Japan doesn't have an obesity problem.

You can't do 200 push ups every day and be fat.

What, the whole pack of twinkies just 'magically appears through inevitability' in the stomach of fat people?.... How is it not a choice ...

If you sit stuffing your face with monumental amounts of food every day that is definitely a choice.

Dissenter
connecting...