Razor brand Gillette says it is “shifting the spotlight from social issues to local heroes” after an ad delving into “toxic masculinity” caused a customer backlash.
85 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.news.com.au
finance/business/media/we-will-continue-to-represent-men-at-their-best-gillettes-backflip-after-toxic-masculinity-backlash/news-story/8ae70a5abc31280fc23711dcf7c30e5e

Too late fuckwits - any brand other than Gillette goes in my shopping basket.

Gillette needs to go the fuck out of business.

No number of firefighters is going to make a dent in that flaming, radioactive shitpile of a femazi fantasy that they inflicted on the country.

Once you cut your dick off.... it ain't growing back.

FUCK gillette! will NEVER buy another gillette product...... IN. MY. LIFE.

Funny stuff. When the advert first came out, my comments on youtube criticising it kept being deleted. Before they were deleted, my intended boycott comments were usually replied to with a variation of "who cares" and "your purchases are irrelevant" in between accusations of possessing fragile masculinity (ironic on a video about its supposed opposite, toxic masculinity).

Long story short, seems P&G shareholders do care. Ever since that fiasco, every single P&G product I used to buy - and there were more than I realised. including razors, dishwasher tablets, toothpastes, mouthwash etc - have been replaced with non-P&G brands. I won't be back but enjoy your 'wokeness'.

Yeah..., Shift the spotlight, or in other words: "we feel the same way, but we want to pander to our old customers, and hope some are stupid enough to beta-cuck their way back into our arms."

If someone you know called you a useless piece of shit but then later said something nice about firefighters, would that cure the earlier insult? Of course not.

And I'm not trying to say gilette should apologise - There's no need - We already know what type of opinions their corporate and marketing people have and we already know that we can chose to avoid supporting them by not buying the products.

Too late. I use Wilkinson now.

Thank you Gillette for giving me the opportunity to discover Dollar Shave Club. #nevergoingback

Wow 99+ trackers blocked from this page. I am happy with my straight blade(thats not a sexual reference) for shaving thanks to Jillette

No thanks Gillette.

Dissenter
connecting...