Chinese restaurant Lucky Lee's, opened by white nutritionist Arielle Haspel, shuts down less than a year after accusations of racism and cultural appropriation
10 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.nbcnews.com
news/asian-america/chinese-restaurant-opened-white-woman-shuts-down-8-months-after-n1098486

And this is how American dream dies. Not with a bang, but with the noise of whiny little NPCs crying because "cultural appropriation"

Cultural appropriation isn't real. Stop applying made-up phrases to prevent people from partaking in other cultures.

It's like telling people who aren't white to not open up a pizza shop, or french cafe. That's ridiculous.

This is particularly stupid.

Japanese uses Chinese characters, as does Korean (at least in names). Most restaurants in Japan will have "Chinese-style fried rice" and potstickers, both of which are Chinese imports. Some Japanese quite enjoy Korean shuchu/soju because it makes a nice cocktail. I'd be hard-pressed to count how many "Japanese" or "Japanese-style" restaurants there are here in China. Most curry in China (unless you get it from a Thai or Indian place) is Japanese-style (a little sweet, never spicy), which the Japanese imported from the Brits, who imported it from India.

The rest of Asia "copied" chopsticks from China...but China "copied" beer from Germany, business attire from Europe, and pop music from the US. That's a whole lot of "appropriating" going on.

Edit History

2019-37-We 12:37:22 am

This is particularly stupid.

Japanese uses Chinese characters, as does Korean (at least in names). Most restaurants in Japan will have "Chinese-style fried rice" and potstickers, both of which are Chinese imports. Some Japanese quite enjoy Korean shuchu/soju because it makes a nice cocktail. I'd be hard-pressed to count how many "Japanese" or "Japanese-style" restaurants there are here in China. Most curry in China (unless you get it from a Thai or Indian place) is Japanese-style (a little sweet, never spicy), which the Japanese imported from the Brits, who imported it from India.

The rest of Asia "copied" chopsticks from China...but China "copied" beer from Germany, business attire from Europe, and pop music from the US. That's a whole lot of "appropriating" going on.This is particularly stupid. Japanese uses Chinese characters, as does Korean (at least in names). Most restaurants in Japan will have "Chinese-style fried rice" and potstickers, both of which are Chinese imports. Some Japanese quite enjoy Korean shuchu/soju because it makes a nice cocktail. I'd be hard-pressed to count how many "Japanese" or "Japanese-style" restaurants there are in the Chinese city where I live. Most curry in China (unless you get it from a Thai or Indian place) is Japanese-style (a little sweet, never spicy), which the Japanese imported from the Brits, who imported it from India. The rest of Asia "copied" chopsticks from China...but China "copied" beer from Germany, business attire from Europe, and pop music from the US. That's a whole lot of "appropriating" going on.

FUCK THOSE CHINKS

FUCK THEM

cheating pieces of shit

Your existence in the western hemisphere is cultural appropriation, you garbage.

"Shame on us for not being smarter about cultural sensitivities."

Nope now i hate you too for bowing to fucking chinks

How have the SJWs not shut down PG Chang's yet? I've only eaten at that dump once but there were ZERO Asians working there when I did. That's probably why the food was total shit.

Their mistake was opening in a leftist race baiting part of NYC. Reopen in flyover country, ladies, where we appreciate fine cooking of all kinds!!!

Dissenter
connecting...