The fatal police shooting in Salinas of a Zapotec man who was holding a BB gun has Indigenous advocacy groups concerned that language barriers were a factor in the encounter.
3 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.latimes.com
california/story/2021-07-24/la-me-salinas-shooting-indigenous

No problem with a language barrier. America is an English-speaking country. Every immigrant who comes to America - legally or illegally - knows this. If they don't believe they can get along in an English-speaking country, go to a country that speaks your native language.

If I CHOOSE to move to Japan, I know I've got some learning to do - both of language and customs. I, being a reasonable person, would probably try to do most of that learning BEFORE I go to Japan.

Oh boohoo ๐Ÿ˜ข officer did what they had to! Even though the 911 caller says it maybe a BB gun he went in out of the house multiple times cops donโ€™t know if he switched it. Well done ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Edit History

2021-38-Sa 03:38:58 pm

Oh boohoo ๐Ÿ˜ข officer did what they had to! Even though the 911 caller says it maybe a BB gun he went in out of the house multiple times cops done know if he switched it. Well done ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ

These groups that are out to protect the "indigenous" peoples of Mexico would be better off educating the foreigners to not point firearms at police. This could be done with simple pictures on cards making the message clear regardless of the language used by the person.

Dissenter
connecting...