US congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was moved to tears by the testimony of a woman whose 19-month-old daughter died after being detained by immigration authorities. Yazmin Juarez told a House oversight and reform hearing in Washington that she had left her home in Guatemala to seek a safer life in the US. Instead she saw her baby Mariee die. 
90 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.independent.co.uk
news/world/americas/us-politics/aoc-cry-mother-migrant-baby-death-mariee-yazmin-juarez-trump-border-ice-a9000161.html?amp=

To be fair, AOC cried at a car park so crying at a sob story isn't really a surprise.

But she has no tears for people murdered by migrants...

My dad died after he went to college. It was 70 years later and his death had nothing to do with his college years, but technically it's a correct claim.

No weeping for the 8 y/o mini-AOC that got ran off the internet due to threats?

Is that a Gucci handkerchief?

Sickly child dragged 2000 miles by horrible mother dies. Yeah.....I believe ya.....

She doesn't cry for American citizens victimized by these Aztecs though.

This isn't journalism, it's activism. If it was journalism they would give the other side an opportunity to respond, or provide any kind of evidence that the mother's claims were true. This is meant to emotionally manipulate a dumb audience, and it's another example of the media calling us all stupid by the way they write stories.

This is ridiculous. The headline implies that the child died in custody but it was weeks later after being released. That's like saying my dog died after eating a grape. Never mind that it ate the grape weeks earlier, it's true because my dog did die and it was a some point after eating a grape. So asinine.

That face makes me weep. Where's my news article bitch?

Trending On www.independent.co.uk
Trending Comments On www.independent.co.uk
What people are saying...

"You should all get an account. I believe that Dissenter has the capability of becoming one of the next big things in tech." - Styxhexenhammer666

Dissenter
connecting...