A young woman once dumped by her fiancé for being “too fat” has got the ultimate revenge - by being crowned Britain's most beautiful woman.
5 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.foxnews.com
lifestyle/woman-drops-112-pounds-wins-beauty-pageant-fiance-dumped-too-fat

So fat shaming works then? Noted.

That won a pageant?

Right, UK. I guess they don't have a lot to work with. ;-)

"Jen Atkin shed 112 pounds - going from 238 pounds to 126 pounds in two years - to bag herself the title of Miss Great Britain."

This is not revenge. She was too fat, and after the pain of being dumped for being too fat she changed herself. Not to mention the whole couch-potato thing is not attracted to an active 20-sometime, irrespective of whether male or female, especially when one wants to start a family.

"But she has had the last laugh after achieving the coveted title on her third and final attempt[...]" No, she did not. If anyone could laugh, her former fiance could, but I would give him the benefit of the doubt and think he is quite happy for her.

Of course, he did meet her at 203 pounds, and an extra 35 pounds not only makes a difference, but give an indication to both physical and mental health. She was failing at both.

"Atkin added, "Although my body has changed so much I think don't think my personality has, and I think that's really helped me. The judges were able to see what kind of person I really am.""

Wrong. Her personality has changed, at least enough to control her sedentary lifestyle and win the pageant. The judges, by the way, may have seen what kind of person she really is, but most assuredly they did not see a fat, lazy couch-loafer. If she does not accept that things have changed she will fall right back into where she does not want to be, and this new husband of hers might walk, too.

"At weekends, we'd turn into virtual recluses sitting on the sofa in our pajamas eating takeaways - spending $26 each time."

Now, I have no idea what her former fiance looked like, but I can tell you from experience that a lack of motivation is contagious, especially when dealing with someone close to you. You cannot expect your other to be the only inspiration and motivation in a relationship.

"[...] I was lucky to not only win the personality award but take home the crown and title[...]"

Yes. New attitude, new approach to life, new personality.

"When we broke up, I was devastated but it ended up being the best thing that's happened to me."

Indeed, and this should be an inspiration to other who are trapped in any situation. Hopefully she will use her powers wisely.

If she won't do it for him then he made the right decision.

She looks like a hooker now

Dissenter
connecting...