Gab, the "free speech" social network that's become a haven for the far-right, has launched a browser extension that creates an alternative comments section for any website. The "Dissenter" plug-in -- which appears as a sidebar once enabled -- allows Gab users to discuss everything from tweets to Wikipedia pages in real-time without the fear of said comment being removed by a site's moderators.
1,201 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.engadget.com
2019/03/01/gab-dissenter-comments-extension/

When did the concept of free speech become "far-right"?

Imagine this 20 years ago, crying out "Google creates a far-right search engine for every site!"

Dissenter is re-decentralizing things - a sadly overdue counter-balance to the monopolization and duopolization of big tech.

#FreeSpeech is for everyone, far-left, far-right, sharia-compliant, and actively homosexual. It doesn't matter who disagrees with you, you've got a right to say it.

It looks like your article doesn't have a comment section. Why could that be? Are you afraid of people calling out your BS in mass? Could it be that you are smearing Dissenter to prevent people from using it to see why you don't have a comment section?

Only if "Far Right" means anything you disagree with.

Free speech became far-right when the left became far wrong.

Right........I used to love this site before it started adding in leftist politics.This plugin means cowards can not just disagree, censor you and call you a whatever-ist. So if you think this system is full of bad people why dont you join up and give your opinion.

Make a Dissent account, join the conversation. The only cost of admission is that you must be resilient enough to handle people disagreeing with your beliefs. These 'Journalists' are overly sensitive cowards.

I love how ass-chapped the MSM is over dissenter.

I just don't understand these kinds of contributors. Freedom from censorship doesn't equate to "far-right". This kind of nonsense is precisely why we need free speech platforms like this.

It's not far right or alt-right to have a different opinion. It's alright to think for yourself

Dissenter
connecting...