Fans of Tolkien's fantasy world have taken to Twitter as it appeared Amazon's $1billion Rings of Power seriesย is not following the writer's original world but creating a more diverse one.
43 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.dailymail.co.uk
tvshowbiz/article-10533947/Go-woke-broke-Lord-Rings-fans-debate-franchises-diverse-cast-ever.html

I have no plans to ever see it.

For many, Amazon itself is a dark empire worthy of a fantasy story. But time will tell whether or not it has finally sided with the forces of good โ€” and done Tolkien proud

Piss off Daily Fail! Hollywood / Bezos do not get the benefit of the doubt. The franchise looks like cheap generic fantasy with diverse casting for the most part and not Tolkien. The female Dwarves SHOULD have beards. The Dwarves, Elves and Halflings should look classicly European. Galadriel is not a warrior princess. Elrond is more than a beta looking architect. If Amazon wanted to meet its diversity quota without desecrating Tolkien's works while staying true to the source material then they could have explored such diversity among the race of men. The folks with the Oliphants in the LOTR? They weren't white. But no you wanted your short haired arrow catching black elf, your slay kween beardless female dwarf ๐Ÿ™„ and your tribal harfoot halflings which weren't black based on Tolkien's words and more of a Mediterranean-ish complexion who probably shouldn't be in the 2nd age anyway but fuck it because you want your hobbit 'member berry nostalgia bait.

The new amazon prime tv series about Lord of the Rings now brings to us African Dwarves, African Elves, homosexuals, Social Justice Warriors and ... pretty much everything guys like us used to joke about. However, the internet is losing it's shit over this. I can't say that I'm surprised, but disappointed nonetheless.

More WOKE fecal matter from AMAZON that is not worth the time/bandwidth to STEAL it. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Everything woke turns to s**t. True statement.

Dem Rangz!! One victim to rule them all.

They are? I'm a LotR fan and... I don't even give a shit about this. Why would I even care? Like... degenerates write weird sexual fanfics and crap all the time... how is this any different? This is just a bunch of especially desperate spoiled bitches trying to molest attention away from the boys and their toys by trying to steal their toys. It's "rich bitch behavior"... it's not complicated.

My take is that it's going to be a laugh-out-loud riot. "We waz elves and sheet" I mean, the trailer was hysterical: Don Lemon as a bow-wielding elf, and Precious as a dwarf. That's comedy gold right there.

I think it's better to laugh at this sort of stunt casting, rather than get outraged by it.

I've watched and enjoyed all the previous movies in the "Rings" franchise, but won't be watching the new, "woke version". They screwed up the Tom Clancy franchise with woke, guess now Tolkien goes down the crapper too.

Amazon did the same destruction to Wheel of Time. Sad. So very sad. Given the funding they can apply, they could hire real writers to tell amazing stories. I wonder how they use AI to weave these horrible themes into the abundant richness of the existing stories? Something else on my list to never watch. God have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Dissenter
connecting...