A radical proposal suggests Congress declare the 127 neighborhoods in Washington DC as new states in a bid to rewrite the Constitutions so every American vote counts.
3 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.dailymail.co.uk
sciencetech/article-7896199/Harvard-releases-proposal-fix-Americas-democracy-divides-Washington-D-C-127-states.html

"The report notes that the subdivisions ‘voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic party in the 2016 election, so the Democratic caucus in Congress could be confident that new states created within the District would elect like-minded delegations to Congress."

Gee that sounds like a fair and balanced idea.....

The absolute state of modern Urinalism and Academia.

The level of retardedness required to make an Onion-level proposal like this is astounding.

This is like saying we need to get rid of Constitutional Checks and Balances by just declaring a new amendment in the House, only, without a vote, without the approval from the Senate, the SCOTUS, or the POTUS.

Could you imagine the new flag? Also this is total bullshit meant to subvert the constitution. I mean I get DC is an urban area with higher than normal population density but there is no damn way these 127 new states created from parts or DC would have close to the population of even our smallest states.

Edit History

2020-51-Fr 01:51:48 am

Could you imagine the new flag? Also this is total bullshit meant to subvert the constitution. I mean I get DC is an urban area with higher than normal population density but there is no damn way these 127 new states created from parts or DC have close to the population of even our smallest states.

Dissenter
connecting...