Fans have been urged to dispose of the light-up wristbands they were handed at The Gabba, in Brisbane, on Saturday as they contained two fully charged lithium batteries that children can swallow.
2 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.dailymail.co.uk
news/article-8878167/Thousands-AFL-fans-urged-throw-free-Grand-Final-wristbands.html

Seems bad advice ecologically, as lithium batteries contain rare earths, and should be properly disposed of, rather than just tossed in a trash bin. Meanwhile, keep toddlers away from all batteries small enough to ingest, not just this particular set of batteries.


Edit History

2020-51-Su 10:51:49 pm

Seems bad advice ecologically, as lithium batteries contain rare earths, and should be properly disposed of, rather than just tossed in a trash bin. Meanwhile, just keep toddlers away from all such batteries.

loading...

These people live in a different reality than most people of the Earth. A couple 3 volt batteries is nothing to worry about. Unfortunately they're in charge with lots of money and power.

loading...
Log In
Dissenter
connecting...