After an officer was killed on a domestic violence call, police chief delivered a ferocious on-camera rebuke of Sens. McConnell, Cruz and Cornyn over failure to close the "boyfriend loophole" in the Violence Against Women Act. The message, writes Jill Filipovic: The GOP cares about the NRA than cops, women and children.
5 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.cnn.com
2019/12/10/opinions/houston-police-chief-nra-republicans-guns-filipovic/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2Vy2TzVIP6LQbTSPK95hakyH5Pi5bPgc-_MYFbGFQzyMeJZ3KIf4LdXSs

"Republican allegiance to the gun lobby appears to be more important than the lives of vulnerable women and small children." Oh STFU... Their allegiance to the constitution and a woman's right to defend themselves is more important than your stupid ass opinion.... biotch.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo berated the public when his officers were shot during a previous raid.
Later we learned that his officers killed an innocent couple, Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas during that raid.
I don't understand how he has a job but the problems are with him and the police not the public or NRA.

Art is a crooked cop... 100%

I used to be a cop. About 99% of all the cops I know are gun nuts and think that all law-abiding citizens should be required by law to be armed at all times.

Edit History

2019-18-We 07:18:14 pm

I used to be a cop. About 99% of all the cops I know is a gun nut and thinks that all law-abiding citizens should be required by law to be armed at all times.

If he cared about vulnerable women he would support the 2A. As far as self defense goes they are the great Equalizer for women. Also, criminals don't obey the law. For proof, see Shit ago. All you will achieve is removing guns from law abiding citizens.

Dissenter
connecting...