We recognize Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype," Quaker Oats said, adding that the move is an effort "toward progress on racial equality."
134 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.cnbc.com
2020/06/17/aunt-jemima-brand-will-change-name-remove-image-that-quaker-says-is-based-on-a-racial-stereotype.html

May as well just call it "artificial maple syrup product" .... Has a ring to it....

NOW THEY SAY THAT? DIDN'T BOTHER THEM FOR 50 YEARS.... FAGGOTS...

Could someone please explain the stereotype that Aunt Jemima represents? I am confused because I kinda wish that Aunt Jemima did represent a stereotype that I have of blck women. I seriously don't think that this move will have any affect on current stereotypes of blck women.

Just rename it Miss Scarlett and put a beautiful white woman's picture on the bottle to increase sales.

Aunt Shaqueena.

It’s true. A clean, happy, black woman that appears to be a good homemaker is a stereotype for sure. They should replace her with something closer to reality like the educated black corporate falsely-elitist female malcontent, or the more pervasively represented hood rat.

Processed syrup is shit. Get yourself some real dark amber maple syrup.

All these companies sucking up to BLM now are only going to have more problems for themselves later on.

So, is it racist to buy it or racist not to buy it? Actually, I'll bet it's both.

I think I'll go buy some now, could be worth something in the future on ebay.

Dissenter
connecting...