As fans descend upon downtown Toronto for the Fan Expo Canada convention this weekend, some are speaking out against detractors who argue that people cosplaying as fictional characters with a different ethnic background, gender identity, sexual orientation or body type are an inaccurate representation of the character.
1 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.cbc.ca
radio/day6/hong-kong-counter-protests-vasek-pospisil-cosplaying-while-black-ao3-gets-a-hugo-how-to-free-dive-and-more-1.5256258/cosplay-is-for-everyone-how-these-cosplayers-are-combating-online-hate-with-reimagined-looks-1.5256267

Oh look, the CBC is fulfilling it's quota on positive depictions of racial minorities. This man isn't in the news because of his particularly good cosplay of Super man... He's in the news just because of his skin colour, nothing more.

Imagine they put white people in the news just to showcase their skin colour? This is another example of "progressives" being the racists. The only worthwhile news about people is either their achievements or the content of their characters.

Personally, I would feel humiliated, insulted, and discriminated against if I made the news just because of my skin colour.

Trending On www.cbc.ca
Trending Comments On www.cbc.ca
What people are saying...

"You should all get an account. I believe that Dissenter has the capability of becoming one of the next big things in tech." - Styxhexenhammer666

Dissenter
connecting...