John Cleese has warned that hate speech laws, such as those proposed by the SNP administration in Scotland, are "disastrous" for creativity.
25 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.breitbart.com
europe/2020/10/11/monty-python-legend-warns-hate-speech-laws-disastrous-creative-process/

Fuck comedy.

"Hate speech" laws are detrimental to western civilization.

This is all a direct attempt to destroy society. If you cannot point out and make fun of the dumb things we do, then we are taking ourselves too seriously.

[Cleese added that he had himself recently been in trouble for referring to someone as “jolly”, being told: “No, no, you can’t say ‘jolly’ now because that means fat.”

“So I looked it up in the dictionary, of course it doesn’t mean fat at all — but to a small number of people it means fat, and therefore they’re trying to control the way I speak because they have a little private rule themselves that it has a completely different meaning from the one I’ve grown up with,” he said.]

This is the world he helped create and supported until it hurt him.

Edit History

2020-26-Mo 08:26:53 pm

This is the world he created and supported until it hurt him.

It is disastrous for society, not just comedy.

Anti hate speech laws only serve the purpose of those that want to control what you can say. It’s diametrically opposed to free speech.

Yeah but has he been red pilled by it yet? Or is he still a woketurd?

He don't look so good, but his sentiment is correct

Good photo you picked, Breitbart. Keep it up, guys.

If free speech doesnt include hate speech its only a matter of time before saying you dont like Amazon is illegal.

Perhaps the best that this has been explained yet:

“So I looked it up in the dictionary, of course it doesn’t mean fat at all — but to a small number of people it means fat, and therefore they’re trying to control the way I speak because they have a little private rule themselves that it has a completely different meaning from the one I’ve grown up with,” he said.

“This is a sort of oversensitivity, and I think some of it is because of people are trying to feel that they’re very good people; [they] almost sit around waiting to be offended, so that they can [say] Oh, I’ve been offended! Sorry everyone but that’s it, I’ve been offended, and this person who offended me is a very bad person.’ I mean, it’s actually very silly.”

Dissenter
connecting...