While it's unclear who asked for it, Disney is reportedly developing a new female-fronted "Pirates of the Caribbean" that will be written by screenwriter Christina Hodson and will star actress Margot Robbie. 
77 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.breitbart.com
entertainment/2020/06/26/disney-developing-female-fronted-pirates-of-the-caribbean/

...Because female led Ghostbusters, Ocean's and Terminator went over so well. The idiots that run these studios never learn.

Karens of the Caribbean

Johnny Depp isn't female ?

Another virtue-signaling movie? I think I'll pass...

Here in the real world, a wimmen called Jessica Watson attempted to sail solo around the world in a pink yacht.

She crashed her yacht into a coal freighter within the first 24 hours.

I am convinced at this point that these movies are part of some kind of money laundering operation.

No one goes to see these pieces of shit. The only reason Captain Marvel did anything was due to the MCU wave.

Whatever it is their money let them lose another billion.

Dizzney is like the honey badger of Hollywood. They don't give a shit. They're gonna woke their way into a pit of cobras.

Just take about $100,000; digitally add pirate hats to everybody in Ghostbusters 2016 and call it a day.

It'll bomb. Guys will find women acceptable in heroic roles, typically if she's presented in a sexy, pin up style 3D Art and in some lesser degree fiction novels. However put that fiction on screen, where it looks like she dominates and has all her shit together and it bombs because women in real life pretty consume more than they produce, which is acceptable if the guy is getting his sexual appetite filled. But these days 80% of women are fucking 20% of the men, so this new version pirates will tank hard. The only people that will really watch it and enjoy are Karens, fat girls, cat ladies and female gamer YouTube content creators who attention whore but won't put out.

You can get away with a female captain in a well written script. But if you attempt an entire female 'Hollywood beautiful' crew it will never work, even if the crew contains all blue haired bull dykes it would break all believability for a fantasy.

I'm a rather athletic female and even in my prime I could never have handled the strength required to haul up a main sail. And my " virtue" would be long gone the first time my ship of girls encountered a ship of men on the high seas. Arrrrrg!

Edit History

2020-01-Sa 12:01:49 pm

You can get away with a female captain in a well written script. But if you attempt an entire female 'Hollywood beautiful' crew it will never work, check even if the crew contains all blue haired bull dykes it would break all believability even for a fantasy.

I'm a rather athletic female and even in my prime I could never have handled the strength required to haul up a main sail. And my " virtue" would be long gone the first time my ship of girls encountered a ship of men on the high seas.

Dissenter
connecting...