Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian has weighed in on proper airline etiquette, saying customers should ask permission to recline seats.
8 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.breitbart.com
economy/2020/02/15/delta-air-lines-ceo-permission-should-ask-permission-recline-seats/

If you advertise that seats recline, then it is part of what you guarantee your passengers. To say they must ask may be considerate, but it is their right. How about you stop packing seats so tight that passengers cannot recline. You are a person motivated to gain money based on numbers, not satisfied customers. Your employees should have attempted to move one or both of them. And to go after the woman and 'compensate' the man is disgusting.

[“I never recline, because I don’t think it’s something as CEO I should be doing,” Bastian said.]

Edit History

2020-24-Mo 12:24:56 am

If you advertise that seats recline, then it is part of what you guarantee your passengers. To say they smut ask may be considerate, but it is their right. How about you stop packing seats so tight that passengers cannot recline. You are a person motivated to gain money based on number,s not satisfied customers. Your employees should have attempted to mover one or both of them. And to go after the woman and 'compensate' the man is disgusting.

[“I never recline, because I don’t think it’s something as CEO I should be doing,” Bastian said.]

That airplane chair does not recline much. The same person who would complain about the person in front reclining the chair would himself recline his own. I know this for a fact. I was on a trans-Atlantic flight and had the passenger behind me ask that I not recline my chair because it was taking up his space. When I look around, he was reclined.

The chairs don't recline much and I have never be inconvenienced by anyone reclining his chair in front of me. This is all rude and unnecessary garbage.

FFS I am getting sick of the seat reclining virtue signalling. "I never recline, and I never say anything if someone reclines into me." STFU. Just lock the seats upright. They don't recline enough to provide any comfort anyway.

So you recline without asking and the dude behind gets pissed. You ask the dude behind you if you can recline. He says no, and you get pissed....I don't see this as a solution.

Solution: Flights that are less than 3 hours can have seating density we are experiencing now with no reclining seats. Flights >3 hours should have all seating AT LEAST as dense as premium coach, if not better. Charge an extra $200 above going rate and have 2 free checked bags and a rule that you can only carry on 2 items smaller than a laptop bag.

Problem solved.

Edit History

2020-48-Mo 01:48:02 pm

So you recline without asking and the dude behind gets pissed. You ask the dude behind you if you can recline. He says no, and you get pissed....I don't see this as a solution. Solution flights that are less than 3 hours can have seating density we are experiencing now. Flights >3 hours should have all seating AT LEAST as dense as premium coach, if not better. Charge an extra $200 above going rate and have 2 free checked bags and a rule that you can only carry on 2 items smaller than a laptop bag.

Problem solved.

Nothing burger! STFU Nothing CEO. All your going to do is attract the leftest fematzi outrage parakeets. Normal people do not give a fuck what you think.

I asked permission when I purchased a seat that reclines. By selling me the ticket, the airline said, "Sure. Permission granted."

People are rude, selfish idiots .. in a society which ignores responsible behavior and allows people to behave like children, immoral, amoral, selfish, obscene, vulgar and stupid people act out their delusions at the expense of others .. expecting civil behavior out of people who are basically out of their minds is, well, crazy. Americas leaders have lowered the bar so far that people no longer have to be sound of mind .. and unfortunately, the majority of the people in the world are insane... not of sound mind...

Dissenter
connecting...