Demonstrations led by schoolchildren took place in hundreds of cities around the globe.
8 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.com
news/live/world-49753710

Useless privileged wasters. Get a job.

Just because it's kids (who, like Saint Greta, have been put up to it by communists) protesting, doesn't make it valid or right. Surely the protesters in India should be lobbying their government to do something about regulations that make it possible for pollution to wreck air quality. What about doing what China is doing and make electric bikes available to more people instead of spending it on a fucking space program to send a rocket to the moon. Oh, I don't see any protests in China - I suspect it's because China is where the real CO2 emissions are actually taking place. You won't "save the planet" by switching to a vegan (starvation) diet and re-using your supermarket carrier bags. Hey, BBC reporter, where do you think that camera you're filming on was made? Do you even know how many tons of CO2 it took to make it you fucking hypocrite?!

Edit History

2019-54-Fr 08:54:20 am

Just because it's kids (who, like Saint Greta, have been put up to it by communists) protesting, doesn't make it valid or right. Surely the protesters in India should be lobbying their government to do something about regulations that make it possible for pollution to wreck air quality. What about doing what China is doing and make electric bikes available to more people instead of spending it on a fucking space program to send a rocket to the moon. Oh, I don't see any protests in China - I suspect it's because China is where the real CO2 emissions are actually taking place. You won't "save the planet" by switching to a vegan (starvation) diet and re-using your supermarket carrier bags.

Why do they care? They're not having children.

Fuck me, this is the BBC telling you what to do - don't eat meat, don't use dairy etc - aren't they just supposed to report news? not drive this leftist nonsensical shit? We fund them to do this!

why dont these people end the cosmetics industry if we're so fucked? its a completely worthless industry. how about paper products like paper towels and paper plates? how about the poster board these retards hold up with their moronically shallow slogans?

i want my free solar panels, battery storage and electric vehicle.

The current banner pictures (a women with tears in her eyes flowers in her hair and a mask that reads 'help!') is everything wrong with this movement.

Empty, emotional pandering. When has crying and demanding someone else help you ever been a force for change in the world?

One of the reasons 'Occupy X' failed was a lack of central leadership and planning. They had no goal, only feelings. Well that wasn't enough then and it won't be now.

Their mascot is a child and their cause is their feelings. Until their protest matures enough to be able to make some realistic suggestions then it will continue to be just what it has been. Virtuous and empty.

Trending On www.bbc.com
Trending Comments On www.bbc.com
What people are saying...

"Andrew Torba, you are a legend, sir. This is incredibly innovative and very important." - Dave Cullen

Dissenter
connecting...