US gymnast Simone Biles reacts to the widespread support she has received after withdrawing from Thursday's all-around final.
8 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
sport/olympics/58008278

We are witnessing the fetishisation of failure.

I wonder if society keeps going at the rate it is if the concept of the hero's journey will be subverted too eventually. I don't really understand why athletes like her or that tennis player get all this attention for literally having one job and pussying out of it. Wouldn't it be more impressive if they got their shit together and overcame their adversity than just giving up, passing go and collecting accolades by failing? I mean if mental health is so stigmatized why are all these athletes who bow out due to alledged "mental health issues" end up being placed on a pedestal by the legacy media and blue checkmarks? If mental health was stigmatized wouldn't they be shunned instead of given kudos?

So are these woke athletes throwing the game on purpose?

We spend millions training this stupid darky and then she just quits!!!

If I cared about Olympics, I would applaud her too. The less loonies there are the better!

Maybe she got injured by the "vaccine"?

Remember when we used to have winners that tried their hardest to win no matter the price? Now we just have a nation full of woke losers that hate themselves and their homeland.

She has every right to do this and only she can judge what she's going through. If you didn't want to show up to your job any more you'd quit. She's just taking a breather. She'll be back.

Dissenter
connecting...