England's Euro 2020 qualifier with Bulgaria in Sofia is halted twice with fans warned about racist behaviour.
25 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
sport/football/50048932

Bulgaria coach Krasimir Balakov had accused England of having a bigger racism problem than his own country.

I agree completely. Bulgaria hasn't set about importing hundreds of thousands of people every year who hate their native population and host nation, then to be told to just sit there and take it.

I can imagine that the people of Bulgaria sees this sorry state of affairs and will have no part in it. If that includes 'monkey chants' then it's a middle finger (and indeed warning) to the authoritarian conformists that would have Bulgaria end up like the UK.

Edit History

2019-56-Mo 10:56:09 pm

Bulgaria coach Krasimir Balakov had accused England of having a bigger racism problem than his own country.

I agree completely. Bulgaria hasn't set about importing hundreds of thousands of people every year who hate their native population and host nation then to be told to just sit there and take it.

I can imagine that the people of Bulgaria sees this sorry state of affairs and will have no part in it. If that includes 'monkey chants' then it's a middle finger (and indeed warning) to the authoritarian conformists that would have Bulgaria end up like the UK.

Based Bulgaria

I remember when football was about kicking a ball around, not posing and virtue signalling. Fucking pussies, you get paid a massive amount of money to do something you love, you can't have everything

I tried to listen to this game on 5live while i did some work. From before kickoff i heard nothing but talk about racism.

Ian Dennis commentating was the worst of the lot, yapping on about it constantly and he fucking loved that he could talk it about some more and show how good of a person he is when it actually happened. It was a perfect contrast with Chris Waddle who only wanted to talk about football.

Thanks for trying, Chris, but this BBC lot are obsessed.

It's 👌👌👌👌 to be based.

👌👍

Sounds like the Bulgarians came up with a clever way to troll everyone as they were losing the game anyway.

Also great job, beeb: I had to read the entire article to piece together who had insulted whom and what had actually happened. Can't even write an article clearly, probably because they think it'd be racist if they stated what was being chanted.

Soccer is just another gay sport.

The media hysteria over a crowd being rude to opposition players reminds me of Libya under Gaddafi. Gaddafi's son played for one of the Libyan teams and when opposition fans chanted insults at him, his father had the opposing team's stadium torn down and the fans thrown in prison. I imagine that was the only thing the Libyan media talked about too.

Now there are snowflake cry-bullies demanding Bulgaria be banned for 5 years and fans be prosecuted for shouting insults. Why not tear down their stadiums too? Britain has become like Gaddafi's Libya. Well played BBC.

England need to grow a pair pathetic.

Dissenter
connecting...