The Tory leadership hopeful says he would use money set aside for a no-deal Brexit to cut taxes for people earning more than £50,000.
24 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/uk-politics-48577579

I have a friend that earns 145k a year. Because of the way tax works, he found it was better to become self employed and work for the same company as a consultant, and pay for an accountant that is used to saving you money on your taxes.

People can get irate, but this is what happens. As you earn more, you see the tax system as more unfair, so you find ways to avoid paying tax.

Congrats to all those that made that a thing. He only pays around 10k a year now. Make if fair from the ground up, and this sort of thing will be a non-issue.

Edit History

2019-00-Mo 08:00:46 am

I have a friend that earns 145k a year. Because of the way tax works, he found it was better to become self employed and work for the same company as a consultant.

People can get irate, but this is what happens. As you earn more, you see the tax system as more unfair, so you find ways to avoid paying tax.

Congrats to all those that made that a thing. He only pays around 10k a year now. Make if fair from the ground up, and this sort of thing will be a non-issue.

you guys are missing the point!

its not the public who vote him in its conservative party members. This is appealing directly to them!

Anyway he may be cutting tax on top earners but he will find he brings in more tax as more won't be fleeing the country!

If Corbyn gets in the tax exodus will be enormous!

It makes sense. Cut tax for the wealth creators and firstly you will receive a higher tax take as less people try to avoid paying tax. Secondly they will have more money in their pocket to spend in the economy.

For a builder like me this makes sense as the wealthy then "redistribute" their wealth by building extensions or having their garden made over. My boss gets paid and all us minions get loads of work.

Most rich people will spend their money much more wisely than any government could.

FFS BBS makes £50,000 sound like they are millionaires

Currently 'high' earners are disproportionately penalised. Flat rate tax would be a greater incentive to increase earnings.

JUST CUT VAT! not INCOME TAX, you will increase incomes, increase spending and boost the economy cutting income tax dosn't work.

He only had to say, he really would put it to the NHS.

He's gone and blown it.

lol at these so called (((Conservatives))), give me strength...

Why just the high earners Boris? You would have smashed it out of the park if you had pledged a general income tax cut, instead you made yourself an easy target for Corbyn by only pledging to cut tax for higher earners. What is it with the conservatives and shooting themselves in the foot?

Fxxk tax promises heard it all before bojo, No deal brexit is what was promised so get on with it. anything else is a stall.

Dissenter
connecting...