Two female astronauts made history as they replaced a power unit on the International Space Station.
15 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/science-environment-50085930

So either women are just as capable as men and need to be treated as such, in which case this is nothing special, or women are somehow inferior and everything they do after an evil man has already done it needs to be celebrated.

Pick one, they seem mutually exclusive.

"They were expected to spend five and a half hours replacing the power regulator with a spare." Should have sent 1 bloke. Would have taken him just 10 minutes and he wouldn't be boasting about it before starting the job.

To be fair, seeing wamxns working in any outdoors job is pretty unusual.

When's the last time you saw a wamxn fixing the road or emptying bins in a lashing gale?

A space walk? Sweet Marmalade! That's never been done before! Except for all the many many times that it's been done before. Now, remember, ladies. If anyone dares to mention Alexei Leonov or Ed White, be certain to sneer and say "We won't let a man get credit for a woman's work."

Gosh, women are so special. Look at them with their unkempt afros, wielding power tools like they are guns. Bravo girls. So very macho.

Cool, vaginas doing a space walk. That's what this identity politics shit boils down to.

I can't wait for the first all down syndrome spacewalk.

Women are equal to men. No big deal.

Women are not equal to men. Big deal.

Fuck space. No one hears you scream in space. I like it down here.

Meh....not the deal. Because to me, it seems that Armstrong's legendary Moon Landing are all nothing but forgotten memory to these self-proclaimed "press"...

Trending On www.bbc.co.uk
Trending Comments On www.bbc.co.uk
What people are saying...

"You should all get an account. I believe that Dissenter has the capability of becoming one of the next big things in tech." - Styxhexenhammer666

Dissenter
connecting...