Can a short burst of national restrictions change the course of the epidemic?
7 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/health-54206582

Let me just jot this down in my newspeak dictionary a "circuit-break" - a short, sharp period of tightened restrictions for everyone to curb the spread of coronavirus.

See how they do that?! Now watch them pepper their articles with this phrase and see if it 'pops up' elsewhere going forward.

Edit History

2020-49-Fr 09:49:21 pm

Let me just jot this down in my newspeak dictionary a "circuit-break" - a short, sharp period of tightened restrictions for everyone to curb the spread of coronavirus.

See how they do that. Now watch them pepper their articles with this phrase and see if it 'pop's up' elsewhere going forward.

2020-33-Sa 10:33:50 am

See how they do that?! Now watch them pepper their articles with this phrase and see if it 'pop's up' elsewhere going forward.

“The public doesn’t want another lockdown Boris and you said that one would be a disaster.”

“Then we’ll call it a ‘circuit break’.”

Edit History

2020-56-Sa 07:56:36 am

“The public doesn’t want another lockdown Boris and you said that one would be a disaster.” “Then we’ll call it a ‘circuit break’.”

new buzzword created by think tank

Someone tell King Kanute, he's wasting our time.

No it won't help because you can't stop the virus. Fortunately the population is developing immunity and either you don't realise that or you are lying about it.

I bet 90% of the government advisers spend their full time making up buzz words.

Pseudoscience.

Dissenter
connecting...