Labour would part-nationalise BT to deliver the policy and tax tech giants to help cover the £20bn cost.
35 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/election-2019-50427369

There is no such thing as free, everything has a cost that must be paid in full. Another Labour fantasy project.

"The party would ... introduce a tax on tech giants to help pay for it." It's "free" isn't it? Why would anybody need to "pay for it"? Oh, wait, it ISN'T free? Well you're just a bunch of fucking liars then, aren't you?

Sounds lovely, but if I pay more than £360/year extra tax under Labour, that wipes out the £30/month on broadband. Besides, the tech companies he plans to hammer for the cash will simply fuck off somewhere cheaper to operate.

When you're losing in the polls, just promise everyone free stuff. I don't know what is worse, that they think people will fall for the obvious attempt at buying votes, or that they think they can deliver it. Most of us still remember British Rail.

Will it include infowars.com?
8chan / 8kun?
Altright.com?
Exactly what does this free service include?

Government controlled internet sounds kinda chinneesssssssss

Tax tech giants? Like they're taxed now and pay less than 0.001% of their income? Tell me how you will raise the money, not how you plan to waste it.

More "Free shit" politics! Next we'll all be promised jobs for life and guaranteed wages!

It's beginning to look a lot like Chistmasommunism

Edit History

2019-16-Fr 10:16:20 am

It's starting to sound a lot like Chistmasommunism

Well, those compulsory Telescreens won't connect themselves, will they?

Dissenter
connecting...