A growing number of people are deciding to give up a substantial chunk of their wages.
28 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
www.bbc.co.uk
news/business-59466051

"He is donating the money via a global scheme called Giving What We Can (GWWC)."

1) Exactly. Fuck off.

2) Giving your money to a "nonprofit" is not "doing charity." Most of it is going into the pockets of the left wing cunts running the organization who NEVER DO ANYTHING of substance.

3) If you can afford to give 10% of your income, beyond TAXES, to "charity" then you should actually DO something. GO OUTSIDE, walk around your neighborhood, talk to PEOPLE and see what's broken that you can fix.

After our corrupt government extorts 50% of my earnings I'm loathe to donate much to charity. I might though if it was fully tax deductible.

I can't afford it

No, administration costs eat up your donations. Nice salary, office, and car. Not to mention travel and accommodations to those important conferences.

I've been giving that much at least since I started working. Federal Income Tax that is spent in lands other than my own on people other than my own. Social Security Tax, which is used as a slush fund by the corrupt. Sales Tax for reasons unknown to me is collected when I purchase something....who knows where that money is spent. Honestly as a median paid worker, I've been too 'charitable' for many many years.

The tithe has always been a goal of Christ followers, and of observant Jews and I suspect also of devout Muslims. I certainly have not always tithed, but certainly have that as a minimun goal every year.

IIRC, our former pastor John Ortberg once calculated that ancient Israelites actually gave away 39% of their income, once all the offerings were totalled up. On the other hand, that total included all their taxes.

I once discovered my mom was giving away 20% of her income, and was amazed. Her approach was to meet important needs no one else was willing to, and to do so quietly and privately.

One benefit of income tax changes in the U.S. under President Trump is that charitable giving no longer needs to be only to causes the government calls charitable.

No

No! Now, fuck off Commie BBC

People do do it

The problem with charity is that they are racist.

Dissenter
connecting...