I complacently assumed that CBP’s horrendous treatment of migrants wouldn’t affect me directly, least of all in Austin, the city where I was born.
6 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
theintercept.com
2019/06/22/cbp-border-searches-journalists/

Hey Seth,

This is an Obama era policy. The general citizenry has been subjected to very intrusive procedures by customs and TSA for years under the guise of being "fair". Apparently, you think being a so called Journo gives you a free pass from what the "little people" deal with. This is all a result of lax immigration and low travel restrictions for people who often mean to harm us. Since you back that policy, get used to being just like the little peeple.

Journo acts like a smart ass, cries like a bitch when he's treated like the way he acts.

How stupid do these people think we are? This was happening WELL before Trump took office! This article was outrage under OBAMALLAMADINDONG. https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Border-Agents-Searching-Cellphones-and-Laptops-210498331.html

Customs has "border search authority". They've always had it. If needed, they can shine a flashlight up your ass if they think its neccessary.

No barbed wire everywhere, but the treatment getting into the US sounds far worse than I ever experienced getting of the motorway and into West Berlin during the cold war.

So... "Cry at unfair violations of muh privacy, 'cause rolling through Syria, a terror ban/watch list country and was hanging around a bunch of gun runners before heading back to the U.S.A. Muh feelz"

if you didn't get screened to the max, I'd be shocked... SHOCKED I TELL YA!!

Edit History

2019-28-Tu 11:28:15 pm

So let me boil this snowflakes argument down... "Waaah! Cry at unfair violations of muh privacy, 'cause rolling through Syria, a terror ban/watch list country and was hanging around a bunch of gun runners before heading back to the U.S.A. Muh feelz"

lolz, if you didn't get screened to the max, I'd be shocked... SHOCKED I TELL YA!!

WTH did you expect? Fucking Roses?

2019-29-Tu 11:29:44 pm

So let me boil this snowflakes argument down... "Waaah! Cry at unfair violations of muh privacy, 'cause rolling through Syria, a terror ban/watch list country and was hanging around a bunch of gun runners before heading back to the U.S.A. Muh feelz"

lolz, if you didn't get screened to the max, I'd be shocked... SHOCKED I TELL YA!!

Trending On theintercept.com
No trending URLs at this time
Trending Comments On theintercept.com
No trending comments at this time
What people are saying...

"Andrew Torba, you are a legend, sir. This is incredibly innovative and very important." - Dave Cullen

Dissenter
connecting...