President Trump on Monday night called for Supreme Court justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg to recuse themselves from any cases involving his administration.
26 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
nypost.com
2020/02/25/trump-calls-for-justices-sonia-sotomayor-and-ruth-bader-ginsburg-to-recuse-themselves/

I'm still not even convinced Ginsburg is alive. Have we even seen her in public for like.. 2 years?

RBG should've been recusing herself since she did that cute little comment about moving out of the country if Trump gets elected.

Uh oh, the leftards are going to go apeshit, which is always great.

A fat dyke and a walking reanimated corpse’s opinions are worth less than nothing.

I want actual proof of life for Ginsborg. You don't just "recover" from pancreatic cancer, especially at her age.

Funny how Ruth talks shit about tax returns but I don't remember seeing hers. I felt bad at first hoping for someone to pass but I was mistaken. She is an enemy within. Death to her can not come fast enough. Where are you grim reaper?

Edit History

2020-16-Tu 01:16:35 pm

Funny how Ruth talks shit about tax returns but I don't remember seeing hers. I felt bad at first hoping for someone to pass but I was mistaken. She is an enemy within. Death to get can not come fast enough. Where are you grim reaper?

They’re both extremely politically active, writing for leftist outlets and attacking opponents of their judicial decisions (legislating from the bench). They should recuse themselves from any case that they’ve already shown opinion bias on. Our judiciary is in great need of a cleaning, top to bottom. It seems most of them foreswore the Constitutional duties laid on them, long ago.

Yep. It is inappropriate for people who are openly stumping for a political party to be hearing cases concerning that party's opponents.

This is one of the first recusal demands from either side that holds up. Both of these judges have been quite vocal about their dislike for Trump. Any pretense that they can adjudicate impartially, especially after Sotomayor's screed-dissent, is laughable.

SCOTUS must have term limits slapped on them. I understand the reasons for the lifetime appointment but when that term was set people weren't living to 100+ so routinely and often in very poor health. RBG missed a ton of time in 2019 if I recall correctly. She is simply filling a seat to hold it in the hopes a Dem gets into the Oval Office before she keels over(Spoiler Alert: Not happening).

That seems to conflict with the entire idea of such a long term. She is literally hanging on to ensure that her replacement is a member of her team. She is playing politics with her seat. It is fine for presidents and other politicians to do that but it is unacceptable from a member of the court. It further illustrates a bias on that judge's part.

I laughed when I read this headline. Trump is gradually reducing the Left to a gibbering, frothy puddle of insanity.

But he keeps pulling his punches. Marxism smoldered away after the end of the Cold War because we allowed it to persist in our education system. Trump should pull federal funding of education unless schools bring back full civics curricula from K-12, and make politicking on the part of teachers and staff a cause for yanking accreditation from the entire school. Further, he should pull the plug on federal student loans from colleges that employ Marxists; no money shall be lent to anyone anywhere majoring in women's studies, gender theory, queer theory, black/brown/purple studies, or any other flavor of SJW drivel.

Dissenter
connecting...