Twitter announced that users will no longer be able to like, retweet, reply, or share "offending content" from world leaders. They will be choosing these "offending" and "abusive" tweets at their sole discretion. This has
100 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
news.gab.com
2019/10/16/twitter-to-censor-trumps-abusive-tweets/

Certainly this is interfering with an election.

Twitter announced that users will no longer be able to like, retweet, reply, or share “offending content” from world leaders. They will be choosing these “offending” and “abusive” tweets at their sole discretion.

If he can't block people how can they do this? If they are publisher why can't they be sued for anything false that they publish.

Is it not true that a court ruled that Trump may not block people from seeing his tweets?
If true, how can Twitter block people from seeing his tweets?

Welcome to Dissenter Mr. President

How much would twitter stock fall, if Trump jumped ship for a better platform? Do it Sir.

Everyone brace yourself for an "It's a private company, it can do whatever it wants" avalanche. Would it be okay if Twitter changed the president's words, too?

Publisher or Platform. Pay your taxes.

This is, of course, targeted directly at Trump, and not leftist "world leaders".

Trump should just move to Gab and let Twitter die a fast death.

They're probably doing Trump a solid here, imo. His base is going to see all his tweets anyway and the people who might vote for Trump but find his Twitter to be abrasive will probably see less things they don't like.

Also, this is going to give the Trump supporters another way to claim victimhood by the oppressive media.

I'm not a fan of media censorship, but I'm sure this will fall flat on it's face just as it usually does, so I'm just not very concerned anymore. The more they do this, the more they'll find out it has never really helped them.

Dissenter
connecting...