Mastodon is completely opposed to Gab’s project and philosophy, which seeks to monetize and platform racist content while hiding behind the banner of free speech. Mastodon remains committed to standing up against hate speech; for example, our new server covenant means we only list servers on joinmastodon.org that are committed to active moderation against racism, sexism and transphobia. The Mastodon community does not approve of their attempt to hijack our infrastructure and has already taken steps to isolate Gab and keep hate speech off the fediverse.
49 comments

Welcome to Dissenter

The Comment Section of the Internet
blog.joinmastodon.org
2019/07/statement-on-gabs-fork-of-mastodon/

What a childish response. Omg GAB is allowing people to speak freely? What's so crazy! Everyone block them. Dude what the fuck, this is LITERALLY the reason Gab exists - some of us are sick of having to obey made up speech rules and worry about our expression being RANDOMLY killed off because some stupid fat SJW faggot who hast had sex in 9 years randomly deciding our opinion is "hate speech" - Some of us actually love American values and want our digital life to be within those values. Yes, that means you can say naughty words.

That's a really long, convoluted way to say you are butt hurt. "Hijacking our infrastructure" lol so that's what it is called when someone else uses open source code when you don't like them personally? What a bunch of retards.

open source until we say so

In other words : Mastodon is rife wife fucking commies who praise themselves as "against corporations" yet they are as totalitarian as any Big Tech in Silicon Valley.

This statement completely violates our FOSS principles and movement. The PURPOSE of Mastodon is FREE SPEECH! And the false claim that Gab seeks to "platform racist content while hiding behind the banner of free speech" is ludicrous! That's like claiming that any web browser is the same because, hey, you can find racists on the internet through any browser. Free speech is free speech. If you don't like it, then don't go online. If you don't like an individual racist, then block them. That's what I do.

The VAST majority of GAB users are the OPPOSITE of racist, probably MORE SO than YOU are. And I saw your developer thread on riot.io, where you all are calling everyone on Gab "Nazis" too, which is even MORE ludicrous than calling them racists. You won't find a stronger crowd of enemies of Nazis anywhere else than on Gab. Nazi-ism is the antithesis of freedom loving individuals on Gab. I can guarantee you that the overwhelming number of Gab users hate Nazis even MORE than YOU do. Hell! It's THEIR grandfathers that actually SHOT REAL NAZIS in Germany!

The fact that you'd even CONSIDER blacklisting IP addresses because THEY don't dictate the speech of others is absolutely APPALLING! You are now the OPPOSITE of what you stood for up to 5 minutes ago! This statement of yours on Gab is seriously disturbing.

Blocking free speech? How very Nazi of you! WTF is wrong with you?

"Mastodon remains committed to standing up against hate speech" Show me the legal definition of hate speech, you screeching harpie. Oh, you can't, because there isn't one? FUCK OFF THEN.

So much virtue. LOL

Sounds like fascist gibberish, but OK...

I think this makes Gab Masto Baiters

Anyway Mastodon you cretins, please define exactly what you mean by racism

Open and free.. except for thee!

The fact that they'd post this anti-free-speech statement on the 4th of July speaks volumes about the state of tech today. The leftist fascists are coming out of the woodwork to proclaim that they and only they determine what speech qualifies as their toxic brand of "free speech". They are the very thing they claim to be against and are completely unaware of it.

Trending On blog.joinmastodon.org
No trending URLs at this time
Trending Comments On blog.joinmastodon.org
No trending comments at this time
What people are saying...

"You should all get an account. I believe that Dissenter has the capability of becoming one of the next big things in tech." - Styxhexenhammer666

Dissenter
connecting...